Random Stuff

Options
I just thought some of you might like to see this...http://www.decoraheaglecamalerts.com/

I really miss Alaska this time of year because I just loved watching the eagles as they staged, chose mates, built or added to nest and then laid their eggs. Later, when the babies became visible in the nests, they were amazing to watch as the grew and then fledged.
These are not in Alaska, but I have been watching the cam since they first set it up and have seen each eagle born. I love watching the mom and dad when they trade places sitting on the eggs. (There are 3 eggs) It is amazing stuff. :)

Replies

• mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Pretty amazing and something to watch whenever you need a moment of peace...

I wanted to share the following:
    http://www.lifebuzz.com/just-stop/?utm_source=iajsiaspal9920&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=juststopios

It is a list of the 30 things to STOP doing. I think we all could benefit from this list. Some of the things that popped out at me were:

#4 - "Stop putting your own needs on the back burner. The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special, too..."

#8 - "Stop berating yourself for old mistakes...We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future. Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come."

#22 - "Stop overlooking the beauty of small moments. Enjoy the little things, because one day you may look back and discover they were the big things..."

#25 - "Stop acting like everything is fine if it isn't. It's okay to fall apart for a little while...cry if you need to - its healthy to shed your tears. The sooner you do, the sooner you will be able to smile again."

#28 - "Stop worrying so much. Worry will not strip tomorrow of its burdens, it will strip today of its joy..."
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    OK so who popped into my brain and found all my weaknesses??? I am slowly learning to manage most of these "problems"

I am going to share this here and I don't want to dwell on it, there are many of us in the same situation. Back in 2001 my first husband passed away - he had been a depression patient for a very long time - he passed after complications from heart surgery - let's just say it didn't happen in one day. Moving on.

When I emerged from this experience I was a fairly young widow, with a wonderful grown son. But I slowly, very slowly realized I had spent so much of my life putting other people ahead of me and my needs I had almost completely lost myself. During the darkest of my husband's illness I fed my loneliness with food -- it's amazing how lonely you can be with another human in the house. I fed myself up an over 300 pounds - I never weighed myself but I found a picture the other day and I am sure I had gone over 300. Anyways after a while I started to realize I needed to put myself first -- as I said to a few of my other widowed friends we needed to belong to the Church of Selfish - none of us had a selfish bone in our bodies. We will never learn to be mean selfish but we had to stop putting ourselves so low on the list behind everything else - even the dog (loved my doggie).

I am now married to a wonderful man that doesn't judge me or my size. He only gets mad if I don't eat enough especially enough of the right food. He keeps a stash of "stuff" out of my sight but if I want some dark chocolate he will bring it to me - no judgement. We are WORTH IT!!!!

Joanne

PS for a while if you don't mind can people sign with their real names (if they want) I am trying to get to know everyone and I am old so need all the help I can get. I will also post this under General Discussion.
  • mjharman
    Options
    I think we all suffer from at least one or two of these! Its how most of us got here...you know?

I cannot imagine losing my husband...and I know I would have handled it in exactly the same way! I am so glad you have found someone new, someone who supports you in such a wonderful and positive way.

I am already aware that I love my husband too much. I always have to force myself NOT to make the turn to go home to see him when I'm heading to the park or the gym. It would be easier if he would exercise with me, but he does not have a weight problem, thus he sees no reason.

But I also want to be the wife he has always wanted me to be, so I force myself to go...to do my workouts. I always feel better when I'm finished.

I am filled with so much guilt and regret because I feel as though I never have been the wife my husband deserves - that one that I imagine he has always wanted me to be. I've been larger then he is ever since I've known him.

Somewhere inside, I know I am being ridiculous, that he loves me just as I am, just as I have always been. I know I've been a good wife...supportive, faithful, devoted.
    But these are the demons that reside in my head. They are a part of the darkness that came into existence when I stopped finding comfort in food. And while I continually try to ignore them...they still haunt me.
    He calls it my craziness...

Thank you for reading this...believe it or not, it helps to write things out sometimes.
    (And as she writes she throws another stone into the jar...)

~Marsha
  • mjharman
    Options
    OK - anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE MY DOGS!
    And your dogs...
    And just about anybody else's dogs...

SO...here is a cute little website that shows babies and dogs...with a few kitties scattered in.

ENJOY!

http://hopeshared.com/22-photos-that-prove-babies-need-pets-number-17-especially/
  • Cynner2007
    Cynner2007 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Random things floating through my sleep deprived mind
    1) Missing my Dad. Still can't get over his death 13 years later. How is it possible I have a child he will never know or a husband he will never meet?
    2) My boy kitty adores me..fact
    3) I hate being poor
    4) I don't always love my family in a happy Stepford wife way. At least once a week, I think of running away
    5) perimenopause is torture
    6) I am crazy glad my husband survived his heart attack and more thrilled he followed me here to learn how to control his eating
    7) Thankful to Sue for having the fortitude to set this nice group up..
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    Random stuff from Joanne too. Cynner you got me with your missing your dad -- I also lost my dad 13 years ago. Double sad was he passed away 4 months after my husband so I never really mourned him the way he deserved. Mom passed away two years ago and I miss her so very very much.
    So I will tell you about me and the dragonflies. It is all tied with these losses.
    Every Thursday I wear dragonflies, earrings, charms, brooches (yes I am old enough to wear brooches). I love collecting them in my travels.
    Our local hospice has the Dragonfly as their symbol -- there is a beautiful story about the dragonfly and how it ties in with the death of a loved one.
    My husband, my dad and my mom all died on a Thursday (husband and my dad died at the same minute of the day -- think about that one...) So in honour of these three people who shaped me into the person I am today I wear my dragonflies.

Marsha -- I LOVE dogs!!! Miss my girl so much but now I have grand-dogger and it's easier on us to travel :wink:

So happy Saturday everyone
    Joanne
  • Cynner2007
    Cynner2007 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Joanne, I am sending huge cyber hugs your way. I am so very sorry for your losses. The big sharp pain of grief goes away,doesn't it? It's just the small ache that catches you by surprise sometimes..like crying just a bit in CVS when I caught a whiff of Old Spice and thought right away of my father..
  • mjharman
    Options
    **HUGS!!** to all of you!

I am a fortunate woman. All of my parents (and I have 4 because my parents divorces and remarried) are still with me here. I just wish I lived closer and could see them more...especially my mom! No one can hug me like she can!

That being said, my oldest son lost his dad. We were never married and when I was pregnant with my son, he got scared and left. But once he met Tommy, he was in love. I think he loved his son more than he ever loved anything else in his life, including himself. When I moved to NC in 2004, Tommy decided to stay in Pennsylvania and live with his dad.

In March, 2006, Tommy was the front seat passenger in a car that was being driven by his very drunk cousin. The cousin was driving down a deserted road at a high rate of speed, hit a bump in the road, and lost control, hitting some trees. My son has a Guardian Angel, that's all I know, because he should not have survived. If you saw the pictures of that car...OMG! But he lived, although he crushed his pelvis, both front and back, and did other damage to his back and his ankle. He was sent to a trauma hospital first, to get him through the initial life-threatening dangers, and a week later he was transferred to Temple where he underwent a 12 hour surgery to put his pelvis back together.

In June, I got a random phone call from his dad. He told me how proud he was of Tommy because, after 3 months, he had taken his first steps since the accident. He also apologized to me for everything he had ever done. The next morning Tommy called me to tell me his father was dead. He died from a drug overdose. Tommy had called 911, watched as they worked on his dad, trying to revive him. My son still suffers from the memories and the loss, and never having been through it, I feel helpless to help him.

~ Marsha
  • wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Very had not to let tears fall reading all of your stories. I am so sorry for all of the losses and sadness you have all endured, and happy for the joys that have hopefully made the losses a little less difficult to endure. (((CC&C Family)))
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    <<HUGS>> to all.
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    Wow just wow Marsha - tough on your son. I remember my son's therapist telling him grief is like waves in the ocean (my son was a surfer so he used this analogy for two reasons). The waves will keep coming and you have two choices to stand there and try to hold them back or allow the waves to wash over you. Soon enough the waves will ease and you will realize fighting them is useless.

Main thing is to live for the day and remember our loved ones.

Joanne
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    Ok Random Stuff for the week -- change things up a bit.

I had to do some shopping on the weekend. First time I bought a new bra for two years (I am cheap LOL). I was measured properly and let's just say the girls are happy for the first time in a long time. Amazing what a difference a good fitting bra makes. Yes I used to watch What Not To Wear and listened to them harp on about a good bra but I just hate paying so much for underwear -- silly Joanne. Oh and PS I am down a size :heart:

What was your favourite purchase in the last few weeks (hey it could be a great cuppa coffee).

Joanne
  • mjharman
    Options
    Someday I hope to feel confident enough to have one of those fittings! LOL!

I haven't been able to buy anything new for a while...trying to get finances in order...blah! Although, new running shoes may be in order soon. I think I've worn mine out...they are starting to hurt my feet...sigh!

We are getting ready to do some work on the house in a few weeks. My husband and I will be taking some time off around Easter for a bathroom remodel. It sort of became necessary when the tub started leaking... :ohwell:

And we are expanding our garden. My husband started it last year when I began eating more fresh fruits and vegetables. This year, it is more than double in size! He wants to become 50% sustainable by the time we retire...meaning we raise and grow half of our own food. He composts now, and uses rain barrels to collect water...and he wants to get some chickens. I figure its a great hobby for him, and I reap the benefits! :happy:

~Marsha
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Joanne, what a beautiful analogy. ♥

Also, glad the girls are happy, lol. I refuse to buy anything else at the size I am now, but at the same time I am trying to recover from the disastrous marriage. I left with pretty much nothing, just to get out. Waiting on the house stuff to be resolved, but even if we win in court it won't be much, so I am not doing much spending. When I do, it's practical stuff trying to set things away for my new place...when I get one, lol.
    I did make a purchase recently, got a super buy on a wood cabinet. I love natural and rustic things, and this one will fit into that kind of decor. I say decor like I will have some gigantic, fancy house someday, lol, but to me it will be making whatever space I have cozy and homey. I don't like big, sterile type places, but rather somewhere people can come and sit and feel at home. Hopefully, in Northern MA or NH, near the mountains. :)

Marsha, the garden sounds awesome. Not a chicken person myself (my daughter has chickens out in Alaska) but I can totally get into a garden. One of the things I hope to learn. Good luck with that and the remodel!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    Marsha - I love the idea of the home garden and being self sufficient. I am afraid I get no joy from gardening....sighs. I really wish I did because I love the results.
    Sue - I would love to visit your place I bet it will be a warm and welcoming home.

Joanne
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Marsha- my uncle did that...still does and I lovd it. He is so gkod at it that the tkwn lets him have a pass whenthere is a drought., they lso supplied a rain barrel.

So here is so, e stuff going on with me, I'm a single parent and my ex hasnt seen Brandon in over 2 years...I dreaded the day I would here from him again after the first few months passed without him coming around. But I did hear from him to lower child support, and lets be real if I saw the money I was supposed to things would be easier but really its not about the money, it's about Brandon, for me it is anyway. But his reason gives me the nerves like you wouldn't believe...he said because he hasn't been allowed contact woth or seen the child in two years. So many emotions go through my head reading it and none of them include rainbows and unicorns...unless the unicorns are impaling him. But ive never had to go to court unless you count the ticket I fought but even then it wasnt in front of a judge. I don't know what to expect, ugh! I'm such a worrier! I need to stop I know, I'm done venting for now...except in the two years Brandon has become such a great kid...bias I know, but he uses manners, is nkce to almost everyone and just a decent kid. So idk! I worry that Brandon will change if his father sees him, I never said I picked a great guy, ok really done with rant. For now
  • mjharman
    Options
    Joanne...my husband is definitely the gardner...not me! I think I could really get into though, if it weren't for the bugs...LOL!

Beckboo - that is a tough situation! It is so sad that your ex hasn't seen his son, but to use that as an excuse not to pay child support is inexcusable. In truth, if the father wanted to see his child, he would do so, and Brandon is probably better off without him in his life. If he does come back around, don't worry...your son is your son and he will not change just because he sees his father. You ex does not have that kind of power over him.
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    Beck definitely a tough situation - can't even imagine. I would have a hard time dealing with this. Stay strong.

Joanne
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Joanne, thanks, what a sweet thing to say. Unfortunately, I don't really have a 'home' at the moment. As you know, while moving from Alaska to here was the plan, it wasn't in the plan for it to happen the way it did. I am still waiting for a court battle with the mortgage company (GMAC, robosigners, lawsuits from homeowners, false figures and fees...nightmare) so any $$$ is tied up in that at the moment. My (ex) fiance convinced me to move before it was settled, we were supposed to get married in October, etc. So, I am still sorting all that out and trying to figure out where, how, when to move on from here. BUT...when I get settled you are most definitely welcome and the welcome would certainly be warm! :) (I love entertaining!)

Becka, I am so sorry for all you are going through, and especially that your sons father doesn't realize what he is missing. I hope things work out well for you on that front.
    Sue
  • mjharman
    Options
    Someday, Sue, this will all be behind you and you will have your own place again. Things always work out...perhaps not the way we want them to, but the way they are supposed to. Right now, you are where you are meant to be...helping your mom out...and inspiring the heck out of all of your MFP friends with your kind heart and encouraging words.

:flowerforyou: