Fit Fatties

Options
I just found this group and felt it was inspiring and thought I'd share. http://fitfatties.ning.com/

Replies

• effrontery
    effrontery Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love them! The woman who started it, Ragen Chastain, is seriously an inspiration to me. She is so beautifully flexible and owns her fatness with a fierceness I aspire to. Thanks for the reminder about them...I want to post something there about mods for Zumba.
  • kryalen
    kryalen Posts: 2
    Options
    That's how I found my way to this group! Yay!
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Just signed up, my profile is pending.

Nice to see some movement in this group!

HAES is a pretty radical notion around here where most people are existing on 1200 calories a day and fatties are only worthy if they are doing the same.

It gets frustrating.

I'm pretty ambivalent about dieting and having trouble using HAES fully due to that. I swing wildly from one disordered pattern to another, eating everything one day, nothing the next.

The idea of eating what you want, when you want it seems to horrify people. I have been fighting my body for almost all of my 47 years on the planet and am so tired.
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I think a lot of this for me is trying to be an ally to my body. A lot of the conflict comes from my mother shaming and undermining me. Holding on to food and fatness became a way to defy her.

I am also ambivalent but I want to do some activities that my body just isn't letting me do at my current weight. I am focusing more on the exercise aspect than the food aspect.
  • bah_bug
    bah_bug Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Can I recommend this piece?

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=34dc5132814738edbc8d54294&id=734a28d7eb

It talks about using fitness trackers to even out eating habits.
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this, really good