Not cutting after bulk?

Options
__freckles__
__freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
Personally I can't wait to be rid of the fluff and reveal the muscle I'm (hopefully) building, at least this first time around. But I'm also wondering if any of you ladies skipped the cut and maintained your new bulked up, bodacious bods?

Replies

• milileitner
    milileitner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm only cutting like 5 lb, and truthfully if it weren't for wanting to take a World Record in powerlifting, I'd totally not bother. I was very very slow with my 40 lb bulk, started it off being underweight and basically maintained the same level of body fat throughout. I'm gonna claim luck + genetics + excessive research + pushing myself maybe a little too hard in the gym at points.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I wasn't were I wanted to be (body wise) before I started bulking. So I kind of just pick up were I left it and keep on moving towards the six pack. I was also fortunate enough to stay lean. Probably because I only gained 6 lb in 10 weeks. But I also put it down to age a lot. I'm only 24 and after being in hibernation for 5 years my body turned into a fat burning machine when I started mfp
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I started a little meaty for a bulk- so I definitely want to lose weight- no way I 'd skip my cut now- I gave away all my pants that fit me at this size!!!!

time to go back down!!! I need to get closer to 150 for long term goals- I looked great at that weight.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly cutting down, don't know yet how low though. i want to get rid of this belly roll and when I do I'll probably call it quits. Hope I see some abs this time... I've only gotten as far as some obliques showing.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post a topic about this! I don't think I'm really cutting....more like maintaining. I have about 5 lbs I'd like to get rid of, but I'd rather do a painfully slow body recomp than do a cut. I don't have a swimsuit model body right now (technically, with my flat chest, I never would anyway) but I'm not completely dissatisfied with how my body looks post bulk. It helps that I didn't gain much (read: anything close to what I was hoping for) with my bulk in the first place. Spent the first 14 weeks doing a body recomp and the last 6 weeks gaining 4 lbs.

My main focus right now is to continue lifting and triathlon training. I'm lifting Mon,Wed,Fri; swimming Tue,Thurs; running Tue,Thurs,Sun; and cycling Mon,Wed,Fri or Sat. Food is 2000 cals during the week and...whatever it ends up being on the weekends. I'm finally learning to gie myself a little more mental freedom.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm finally learning to gie myself a little more mental freedom.
    Love this!
  • __freckles__
    Options
    My main focus right now is to continue lifting and triathlon training. I'm lifting Mon,Wed,Fri; swimming Tue,Thurs; running Tue,Thurs,Sun; and cycling Mon,Wed,Fri or Sat. Food is 2000 cals during the week and...whatever it ends up being on the weekends. I'm finally learning to gie myself a little more mental freedom.

Holy moly girl that is a full plate! I am in awe, because I struggle to get in just my weight lifting sessions. Do you guys all have full time jobs? I'm finding it hard to balance everything right now. I commute an hour to work each way, usually leave at 6am, get home at 5pm. After dinner, playing with the kids, putting them to bed and doing my workouts there is pretty much no time for cleaning. On the nights I don't workout all I want to do is sit on my big butt and do nothing. My house is suffering! I need a maid. :)
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Holy moly girl that is a full plate! I am in awe, because I struggle to get in just my weight lifting sessions. Do you guys all have full time jobs? I'm finding it hard to balance everything right now. I commute an hour to work each way, usually leave at 6am, get home at 5pm. After dinner, playing with the kids, putting them to bed and doing my workouts there is pretty much no time for cleaning. On the nights I don't workout all I want to do is sit on my big butt and do nothing. My house is suffering! I need a maid. :)

I am not working currently--I'm just consulting so I make my own hours. Even when working full-time, however, I was training for a marathon. I woke up at 3:30 am to run. I have a 3-yo son, so I know how important spending time together is. For lifting and swimming, I'm at the gym at 5 am and get home at 6 (my husband leaves the house at 6:15). Then I get my son fed, lunch made, and ready for preschool. I come home at 8 am and run or ride and then do work. Once I find a full-time job I'll keep the lift/swim schedule and move the run/ride to either lunch of after work. I have a jogging stroller, so I could take the kiddo with me. Once it starts getting hot I'll move the run to morning and the lifting to after work. It's all about making it a priority. You really do have to sacrifice something, and for me, it's sleep. I get about 6.5 hours on a good night. It just is what it is.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I've been cutting for around three weeks now and I don't like it.
    I plan on going until June.
    Hoping to cut 5-7 lbs.
    If I don't that's o.k. because I don't like cutting!!
  • JoRocka
    Options

I am not working currently--I'm just consulting so I make my own hours. Even when working full-time, however, I was training for a marathon. I woke up at 3:30 am to run. I have a 3-yo son, so I know how important spending time together is. For lifting and swimming, I'm at the gym at 5 am and get home at 6 (my husband leaves the house at 6:15). Then I get my son fed, lunch made, and ready for preschool. I come home at 8 am and run or ride and then do work. Once I find a full-time job I'll keep the lift/swim schedule and move the run/ride to either lunch of after work. I have a jogging stroller, so I could take the kiddo with me. Once it starts getting hot I'll move the run to morning and the lifting to after work. It's all about making it a priority. You really do have to sacrifice something, and for me, it's sleep. I get about 6.5 hours on a good night. It just is what it is.

yup on the bolded part.
    I average about 6 as well. You come to realize being tired is kind of a state of being rather than something that happens to you.
    About once a month or so I get a recharge- and sleep in and do nothing one weekend- otherwise it's GO GO GO GO all the time.
  • __freckles__
    Options

You're right, we can't do/have it all. Kudos on waking up at 3:30am every day. That's dedication!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options

Wow! I just read this whole thread. I will not complain about cutting again!! :flowerforyou:
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post a topic about this! I don't think I'm really cutting....more like maintaining. I have about 5 lbs I'd like to get rid of, but I'd rather do a painfully slow body recomp than do a cut. I don't have a swimsuit model body right now (technically, with my flat chest, I never would anyway) but I'm not completely dissatisfied with how my body looks post bulk. It helps that I didn't gain much (read: anything close to what I was hoping for) with my bulk in the first place. Spent the first 14 weeks doing a body recomp and the last 6 weeks gaining 4 lbs.

Wow! I think we are triathlon training twins. Though my glutes get so tight from the lifting I've taken the weights and the dead lifting down because I felt they were affecting my running.

I bulked up about 8lb over winter and am so happy with the results. Got boobs too which is nice. Only problem is, I look fitter, younger stronger, curvier but unfortunately all my times are much slower than when I was 123lb. My heart rate is faster too.

I am cutting about a pound a month at the moment. My training isn't going to plan, was hoping to try and get in the British team for my age group this year, but i will have to kill myself to do it. And lose my boobs!
  • Springfield1970
    Options

I have my own business and am a single parent! Some weeks I train 10 hours, others 5, but I fit my training into my commute a lot of the time, particularly bike. I get two nights off a week from my boy, and I tend to train night and next morning. Keeps me out of too much trouble lol! Also, cleaning, shmeaning! I spend any money I'd use on a cleaner on treats for myself and try and see it positively though I hate cleaning!

I got rid of my car, tv and sofa so I have nowhere to put my big butt anymore anyway! It's shrunk at least 3 inches since lol!
  • __freckles__
    Options
    I have my own business and am a single parent! Some weeks I train 10 hours, others 5, but I fit my training into my commute a lot of the time, particularly bike. I get two nights off a week from my boy, and I tend to train night and next morning. Keeps me out of too much trouble lol! Also, cleaning, shmeaning! I spend any money I'd use on a cleaner on treats for myself and try and see it positively though I hate cleaning!

I got rid of my car, tv and sofa so I have nowhere to put my big butt anymore anyway! It's shrunk at least 3 inches since lol!

I seriously love reading this. So much dedication, it's really inspiring.
  • JoRocka
    Options

lulz- I'd cry if my butt got 3 inches smaller!
  • Springfield1970
    Options

Yes but mine looked like a dogs dinner...you know that song...does your butt hang low, can you tie it in a bow, can you tie it in a knot, can you swing it to and fro? Well that was written about my mushy butt. Good riddance!! Haha! It's still flippin round and attention seeking though!
  • JoRocka
    Options

Yes but mine looked like a dogs dinner...you know that song...does your butt hang low, can you tie it in a bow, can you tie it in a knot, can you swing it to and fro? Well that was written about my mushy butt. Good riddance!! Haha! It's still flippin round and attention seeking though!

well as long as it got smaller- but more like some balloons- I'm okay with that!!!

I'm a weird genetic freak white girl with a bubble butt- LOL I'm a BIG fan of butts!! :)