Quick low calorie snack ideas?

Options
kaytyl2
kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
Hey Team20, snacking has always been my weakness- biscuits, crisps, cakes- basically everything I should only eat in moderation!! What quick healthy snacks have you discovered since starting this journey. For me it is grapes covered in low fat natural yogurt with a sprinkling of Jordans granola cereal. Delicious and filling. Also helps with my craving for carbs and something sweet.

What have you started eating in the bid to cut out the junk and loose the pounds?

Please share so we can all get ideas from each other. :smile:

Replies

• evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to keep my carbs low so lately I've been mixing plain Greek yogurt with whey protein powder to make strawberry yogurt. It keeps you full and tastes sweet without the carbs.
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love yogurt bites. I freeze blueberries covered with vanilla Greek yogurt.
  • MelissaRettie
    MelissaRettie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have several ideas!
    **I like to have baby carrots with peanut butter. I usually eat 2 tbsp PB with a snack size bag of carrots. About 235 calories total.
    **I also eat Sabra's roasted red pepper hummus with snap peas or grape tomatoes. 2 tbsp hummus with about 15 snap peas, about 100 calories.
    **Whole wheat tortilla with 1 tbsp PB and sliced strawberries, about 215 calories.
    **Nonfat greek yogurt, 130 calories
    **mozzarella cheese stick and an apple, about 115 calories

These are my favorites go to snacks!
  • Empressmee
    Empressmee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't like yogurt so I had to find other things to eat.
    I'll have peanut butter and celery or peanut butter and apples,
    Graham crackers and peanut butter ( I guess you can see I LOVE PB) LoL
    Nature valley chewy peanut bar
    Baby carrots
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sugar Snap Peas! I can eat the whole bag if I want and its 80 calories and 4 carbs!
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've always fell back on MUFFINS! Apparantly the ones I was eating weren't good for my waist.

I always try and prep celery and PB, wasa breads, cut up veggies with cottage cheese, always have boiled eggs, PB and apple, grapefruit, washed grapes, whatever is on sale that I can prep on Sundays to have ready for the week. I keep Fibre 1 bars in my desk at work as a fall back, just in case, but they are pretty high in carbs and sugars so only eat if STARVING. I bought them before my "diet".

Next shopping trip, I think I will pick up cheese sticks, hummus, and maybe some turkey deli meat or something, depending on the ingredients.
  • ceemcb
    ceemcb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks and plain Greek yogurt are musts for me!! I also PORTION out almonds to snack on. They're great at keeping me full but I have to count out a handful only!
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i am in with the PB lovers - one of my FAVE go to snacks is an apple with 1lbsp of light PB, or a banana with 1tbsp of PB.
    i am on a 1400/day limit, and i like to try and keep myself around 1300 or so if i can. ive been looking for some 50ish calorie snack, that arent just pure veggies (although, those might be more favourable come summer!). i love the small tubs, single serves of stirred greek yogurt. those are usually around 50cals and are mighty satisfying.
  • chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    I love a cup or two of dry multigrain cheerios. 110 calories for one cup.
  • mgoblethomas
    mgoblethomas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Check out Nature Box - I get their box every month - all of their snacks have full nutritional info, and they are also already in the database here. You can choose your snacks every month, or let them surprise you.

I also love Jolly Llama sorbet bars (I get them at Whole Foods) - main ingredient is fruit!

My favorite snack is dry roasted, salted cashews - 170 calories for 1/3 cup and totally worth it!

Mary
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I do the wheat thins low fat, grapes, baby carrots with dip, 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt, or light ice cream. Weight Watchers frozen snacks, peanuts. I look around and see what I can find, always looking for new things!
  • losingit4infinity
    losingit4infinity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a weakness for anything cheese...nom nom nom. So I like to have cheese sticks around I also like to mix Vanilla Greek yogurt with dried cranberries and almonds and raisins (sometimes if I am lazy I will break up a trail mix granola bar into the yogurt). I often just cut up bell peppers and eat them just as they are.

And fruit I LOVE fruit so I will also just grab a navel orange or apple or banana. Also when watermelon is in season watch out sometimes I cut them in half grab a spoon.
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks: Apple, cheesestick, raw cashews or raw almonds, Trader Joe's crunchy granola bar, hummus, cottage cheese, pretzels...depends on the week and what I have bought at the grocery store, and what I am in the mood for. In a typical day, it is some combination of some of those. I usually jam pack my actual meals with veggies, so I don't tend to snack on them too much.
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm on the PB train, apples with PB. Love carrots, snap peas and cucumbers.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter
    Mini bagel with greek yogurt cream cheese
    Pita chips with Laughing Cow cheese
    South Beach Diet has some yummy protein bars that taste like candy bars. I'm not really counting carbs but they are low in calories too
  • SuperSammi22
    SuperSammi22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Frozen Cantaloupe!

Blend up cantaloupe until pureed, then freeze for a few hours. The result is kind of like a mixture of delicious fruit slush and sherbert. I like to have this at night after dinner. Its surprisingly satisfying for my sweet tooth.
  • kaytyl2
    kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've seen quite a few of you say you love PB and apples. I may just have to try that. I love them both separately, but have never heard of mixing them till now!! Well definitely give it a go.
  • pandagirl813
    pandagirl813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    PB and apples are good
    Yogurt cup
    Oooooh a Frozen Sliced Banana tastes amazing!
    Baby Carrots
    Mash a banana with strawberry's and some yogurt and freeze into Popsicle's .
  • Joanna623
    Joanna623 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I shoot for two snacks a day and they usually end up being one sweet and one...not sweet :laugh:

Carrots, celery and Greek yogurt dip with light marble cheese has been one of my favorites.
    Also just discovered taking a frozen waffle, adding about 2 tsp apple butter and cinnamon. It tastes like a Danish to me.
    Of course it is that time of the month for me today (sorry for tmi) so today's snacks are chocolate covered blueberries and ice cream before bed :love:
  • coloradokat78
    coloradokat78 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes
    apple slices with a protein drink