Introduce Yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Don't forget, folks, if there is someone on your friends list you would like me to invite to join us, just let me know!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I've only read half the intro's so far.
    Thanks for the invite!!!

I'm Nancy, I'm from Michigan, the west side of the state. look at your left hand... I'm at about the knuckle on the left there. Isn't it nice of you to carry around a Michigan map?

I'm 48. I've been on the journey to get healthier and less flabby for a few years. Since my 4 year old still calls me 'flabby belly' i'm still a work in progress. I have a 4 and 6 year old. (yes, I know you're doing math, I started late).

I LOVE to encourage others, and that helps keep me going. Its my new passion!

I work a full time 8-5 job, plus work with this passion all other hours, along with helping raise these great kids.

Nice to 'meet' all of you!

Nancy
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Hi Nancy, welcome to the group! Isn't a child's honesty a wonderful thing? *cough* :laugh:

Nice to have you with us!
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I'm Becky, 28, and a singke mother to a 3 yeardold boy named Brandon. I work as an aide in a special ed class and love my job most days. I have a bit of weight to get rid of but I'm breaking it into little increments. I love most peoplw minus the few dirt bags around. Have a great day.
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Welcome, Becky! :)
    Sue
  • claramce
    claramce Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody :) My name is Clara. I'm 21 and from Dublin, Ireland (rain, cold and wind pretty much sums this place up). I currently work as a receptionist in a hotel so I pretty much sit on my tushy all day every day.

This is my 3rd or 4th time attempting to lose through MFP but only just found the community side of the site this time around. I'm so determined this time though that I know I'm going to make it this time :D
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Nice to have you with us, Clara! :happy:
  • PrairiePride49
    PrairiePride49 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi all you friendly people. I'm Bev from Canada and I just turned 65 this last February. I've been overweight for 42 years; lost some, gained more, lost some and gained more again! Same old story. I am an emotional eater so any time is an excuse to eat. I joined MFP in 2012 but didn't really do anything until this last month. I now go to the swimming pool and walk, jog, and run in the water. I try to go 5 times a week. It has definitely made a difference. I do believe that this time I will be successful. At my highest I was 243; lost 70 lbs. on WW and over 3 years gained 50 back. I started a TOPS group in our town and that is also helping keep me accountable. Thank you for inviting me to this group.
  • Leahbcc
    Leahbcc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey there...I am Leah. Divorced mother of two...who has over come many odds put in my way. This is a journey...one that I am proud to say I have stuck with...Take each day as it comes. From MA. Feel free to add me and thanks for the invite
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Welcome, Bev, welcome Leah, so glad to see you here!
    Bev, it sounds like you are really motivated this time, wishing you the best!
    Leah, I'm in MA as well, just moved back after being away for 25 years.

Thanks for joining us!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people.

Joanne
  • Mar_11
    Mar_11 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi! I'm Marcia, most ppl call me Mar which I prefer over Marsh, from Burton MI. I have been a member of MFP for a quite some time but only started USING it as of last Friday. I'm an empty nester. I have two adult children, 25d, 21s and a 15 month grandson, who stole my heart the moment I saw him! I'm married to a wonderful, supportive man, who can sometimes be an enabler.. He likes food! Lucky for him, he was a very active job where I have an office job that consists of walking from my desk to the copy machine (4 steps behind my desk).

I check in often and read posts but tend to be a quiet person. I will "like" a post but don't post or comment much.

Thanks for the invite and looking forward to getting to know each of you!
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm 30 and I live in Delaware. I'm not from here and I hope to be out in July.

I've been overweight since I was in 4th grade. This time last year, I realized my weight was going up really fast. I bought a scale and started using MFP. It was great until July when I completely fell off the bandwagon. I gained back about 8lbs in 5 months. So I recommitted this January. I'm now at the lowest I've ever been since middle school? I don't really believe it yet.

Losing weight when you're not that big to begin with is a struggle. I am a very healthy eater (no processed foods and I'm strict vegetarian) and I walk 6 miles a day. It has taken me January-March to lose not quite 10lbs. I get frustrated because I want to be able to eat as much as I want of whatever I want. Simple carbs and cheese, oh how I miss you! But I'm one of those people who cannot have certain foods around them or I will eat it all. I have no self control. So those foods are not allowed in my apartment. I can eat them in restaurants, but they do not go in my shopping cart. That is setting myself up for failure.

My goal this year is to walk 2014 miles in 2014. Walking is all I do for exercise right now. I've walked over 400 miles thus far.
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Mar, Kerri, welcome to the group!
  • Skylark74
    Skylark74 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - Caz from the UK here.

I'll update this to be a proper intro when I get more of a chance - but just thought I'd pop my nose in and say thanks for the invite :)

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Hi Caz, glad you could join us!
  • lickityspit
    Options
    Hi there,
    My name is Lisa. I'm not sure if I"m doing this correctly? I just joined the group, I hope that's okay. I just started the mfp process and am eager to really implement some huge and positive changes. I have 109 pounds to lose, which is 25 more than I had to lose last year. My weight has crept up steadily this past year. I've always had yo-yo issues, and I'm an enormous emotional eater. I have a good awareness of the cycle and my actions, but there seems to be a schism between knowledge and doing...ugh.

I'm a writer. I own a business here in Toronto. I have an active family life and yet this one area I'm completely at a loss as to how to help. I'm so glad to be here amongst all your inspiring and motivated souls! :smile:
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa -- this group is full of great people, sorry it took so long to welcome you. MFP really is a great help and I am a lifetime yo-yo loser myself. This is the first time I am doing it right, slowly, surely and preparing myself to maintain this forever. Find a way anyway in a busy life to make this one of your top priorities. This is for and about YOU. It takes a few minutes every day to log EVERYTHING, make good active friends and be a good active friend. This time next year you will be able to look back and see great progress.
    Welcome to the group, hopefully it gets busy again soon.

Joanne
  • ednaemerson
    ednaemerson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi: My name is Edna. I hail from Stirling, Ontario, Canada. I really enjoy being on MFP. I have a lot of good friends and it means a lot to me to have their friendship and help along the way. Looking forward to this group. Edna Emerson