April Goals!

Options
Naybelline
Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
Hiya everyone! absolute big well done on everyone's losses again in March, however big or small, a loss is a loss, time to make some new goals for a new month starting tomorrow.

Anyone got any new ones? me personally, I've gotta start training for the race of life in June @ Clumber park here in the UK.

I'm not a runner so it's going to be very hard for me... so wish me luck LOL

I'm still going for a 9 - 11lbs loss again this month, simply because I still have quite a lot to lose. I'm down to 16 stones 2lbs which is around 226lbs for our American members. I've started Swimming too, so I'm hoping my body is gonna start changing again.

Good luck everyone!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck in the race Nay! Also how tall are you? Just curious as our weights are almost the same :smile:
    April will be my last month swimming as the pool closes for winter :sad:

My goal this month is to see how many stops I can get off the bus early to walk more, without being late for work!
  • Emma083
    Emma083 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the race!

My goals for April is to not buy snacks at the train station. It has been really hard for me to not eat snacks, since I miss my train daily (I only have 30 seconds to transfer trains...)

I am training for a traithlon (which is in September). And started cycling again. I don't need a goal for that because I love to cycle.

So, April will be a nutrition goal month.
  • MsTerryJay
    MsTerryJay Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    April will be busy with three 5K races planned this month with a fourth that was rescheduled to May 4th!.

(I don't run, my jogging is ...sad, my kids walk faster than I jog.. I almost walk faster than I jog... it does get my heart rate up! but kills my knees, so I'm trying to take it easy).

I have an 8lb weight loss goal for April.

Daily goals include logging every bite and 15K steps. Weekly goals include three strength training sessions with a focus on helping my knees!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    300 miles on the bicycle and adding in more running days after my 150 mile ride next week (www.tinyurl.com/CeciRider2).

I'm pretty much maintaining the weight I want to be, but I still have some stubborn belly fat.
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Best of Luck in the race Nay! Also how tall are you? Just curious as our weights are almost the same :smile:
    April will be my last month swimming as the pool closes for winter :sad:

My goal this month is to see how many stops I can get off the bus early to walk more, without being late for work!

Thanks hunni, I'm 5ft 7 :)
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Good luck with the race!

My goals for April is to not buy snacks at the train station. It has been really hard for me to not eat snacks, since I miss my train daily (I only have 30 seconds to transfer trains...)

I am training for a traithlon (which is in September). And started cycling again. I don't need a goal for that because I love to cycle.

So, April will be a nutrition goal month.

Have you thought of taking stuff with you in little bags, like weigh out some nuts or some fruit?

Good luck! :)
  • Naybelline
    Options
    April will be busy with three 5K races planned this month with a fourth that was rescheduled to May 4th!.

(I don't run, my jogging is ...sad, my kids walk faster than I jog.. I almost walk faster than I jog... it does get my heart rate up! but kills my knees, so I'm trying to take it easy).

I have an 8lb weight loss goal for April.

Daily goals include logging every bite and 15K steps. Weekly goals include three strength training sessions with a focus on helping my knees!!!

Sounds like everyone has really good goals for April !!
    I do try to get 15k steps too on my fitbit, it is very hard some days.

I am out of puff after 2 minutes of jogging, serious! haha
  • Naybelline
    Options
    300 miles on the bicycle and adding in more running days after my 150 mile ride next week (www.tinyurl.com/CeciRider2).

I'm pretty much maintaining the weight I want to be, but I still have some stubborn belly fat.

You've done really well! 300 miles is a lot, good luck!
  • IrishgirlinSpain
    IrishgirlinSpain Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm back in after being sick for ages and mia on here. Logging on here consistently is always a challenge for me so that's an April goal plus losing another 7lbs. Good luck everyone!
  • Naybelline
    Options
    I'm back in after being sick for ages and mia on here. Logging on here consistently is always a challenge for me so that's an April goal plus losing another 7lbs. Good luck everyone!

Hiya, welcome back... nice to see you :)
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My goals for april are to be able to finally reach a 5k. I have just ran 2.5 miles in 33:30 which is up from 2 miles in 43 min. So I am very proud. I just want to get to that 5k. I plan on doing one longer run a week as well as my 2 speed days. I do 3 days a week lifting with NROLFW. so I want to finish stage 2 and begin stage 3 this month. I also want to be able to go longer on the stair stepper. I only go around 5 min right now. I plan on drinking more water everyday. And also eating healthier. I am starting 2 team challenges this month and want to do good for my teams.
  • jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Gonna get the spreadsheet up ASAP. Can't do it from work and was out of town over the weekend!
  • keeldrum
    keeldrum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mmmm........I'm not sure what my goals should be for April.

I've pretty much stayed stale-mate in March despite having upped my exercise.

I'm a bit confused what my calorie intake should be. I tried 1500 and ended up having Carb binges, then I changed to 1750 and put on 1 lb...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naybelline - you suggested changing my yogurt to natural and adding fruit. I looked at some natural yogurt labels to compare with my usual Low Fat Fruities but am confused as to what the benefits are in changing. Can you explain to me?

I think my main goal should be to weigh and not guess my portions & continue with running.

Any feedback from those with more experience/knowledge I'd really appreciate it. Thanks x
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!

My goal is to lose 10-12 lbs this month. I'm excited to try the BeachBody 21 Day Fix. This will help portion out my meals, and what to eat. I hear such good reviews on this.. I will also get other cardio exercises in as well.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think I'm back in. Haven't participated in the past couple months simply because I've been stuck, not for lack of trying. But in March I managed somehow to lose 2 lbs, so I think I'm finally back.

So I think I'll make my weight loss goal 2 lbs for April, running goal is 150 miles, and weight training goal of 20 minutes, 3x per week, so basically 4 hours of weight training this month.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I would like to finally reach my goal by the end of April. I need to step it up though. I was super lazy in March. So my goal for April is a pound a week loss.
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. Just added myself on the spreadsheet. My goals for april, after a slow march, are 7 lb loss, steering clear of junk food that I really had a lot of in the past couple of days and getting back to running. And non-weight-loss-related: pass two exams, and prepare for a competition on april 26th. Good luck everyone!
  • jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Spreadsheet is up and running! Get those goals up there and start losing!
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Mmmm........I'm not sure what my goals should be for April.

I've pretty much stayed stale-mate in March despite having upped my exercise.

I'm a bit confused what my calorie intake should be. I tried 1500 and ended up having Carb binges, then I changed to 1750 and put on 1 lb...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naybelline - you suggested changing my yogurt to natural and adding fruit. I looked at some natural yogurt labels to compare with my usual Low Fat Fruities but am confused as to what the benefits are in changing. Can you explain to me?

I think my main goal should be to weigh and not guess my portions & continue with running.

Any feedback from those with more experience/knowledge I'd really appreciate it. Thanks x

It was the sugar content. and it was adding a bit of agave nectar or a little bit of honey instead with some berries. which would be a lot more filling than a little pot of yoghurt.
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Good luck to you!

My goal is to lose 10-12 lbs this month. I'm excited to try the BeachBody 21 Day Fix. This will help portion out my meals, and what to eat. I hear such good reviews on this.. I will also get other cardio exercises in as well.

I follow Slim down with Sara on facebook and she has done this... seems good.. we don't get stuff like that in the UK.