hi

Options
hello fellow newfoundlander and labradorians. this is some weather we are having here on the island. don't forget you can burn calories shoveling. just came in from 30 minutes of shoveling the white stuff. i didn't get to finish it. maybe later. have a good day everyone.:smile:

Replies

• wildwings19
    wildwings19 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi there, From Bell Island but left I was a child and now live in Wisconsin with my husband of 33 yrs.
  • trewyn6509
    trewyn6509 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Newfie. From Bell Island now living in the states for many years. Still have family there. Its great to yave support on this journey.
  • ahyllim
    ahyllim Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Newfie living away from home. My husband and I live in Nunavut and have been here 7 years. I lived in Toronto for three years before that, so it's been about 10 years since I lived in Newfoundland. Looking forward to a couple weeks home this summer. Working on losing some weight before that.
  • erelyl
    erelyl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to trade in the shoveling for long evening walks, playing soccer with kiddo, and all those fun summer things..... enough with the snow!
  • patmoomur
    patmoomur Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am living in Cambridge with Grandparents from Harbour Grace (Moore). There are so many Newfies in Cambridge, we have a Newfoundland club and used to host the Annual Newfoundland Garden Party here. It's moved to Orangeville now. Great people! I have friends from home (Montreal) who are in St. John's. Diane who works at the public library. Give her a hug for me if you see her. Her ex Bruce Mann, professor at the University and has a martial arts school. Most of my relatives are gone from the Island now as far as I know. Had a 2nd cousin in Port au Basque at one time. Will have to get down and try to find some of my history.
  • bonniemansfield
    bonniemansfield Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi..welcome to the group.
  • bonniemansfield
    bonniemansfield Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    good morning to everyone. sorry so late in getting back to welcome all of you. the weather is finally warming here. at least on the avalon peninsula(slowly) but i will take it. i hope the days are starting to brighten up where ever you are. hope you all have a wonderful day.