What Motivates You?

Options
rhmslexy
rhmslexy Posts: 5 Member
I know staying motivated to get in shape can be hard for some, especially when "Life" comes into play. I struggle with this day in and day out constantly telling myself that "i can do this" and "i dont want to be heavy anymore"... It gets especailly exhausting when those surrounding me are not very supportive. But i just keep telling myself to stay strong and become my own motivator! Sometimes you are all you have and you have to become your biggest support system. Some things that keep me motivated to stay on track are the pictures i keep posted around me (ie, on the fridge or in my phone). Im curious to know what keeps others motivated? :smile:

Replies

• Wolfjam13
    Wolfjam13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pictures do not work for me. The mirror works though. When I notice I can wiggle into my skinny jeans just a little better than the last time, it soars me through the week. I didn't get this way overnight so if I stick with it, I will get my sexy back!
  • rhmslexy
    rhmslexy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :smile: The mirror does work indeed. but when im not near one i look at the pictures
  • MrsSweetT
    MrsSweetT Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think the pictures I saw in my phone on yesterday was a kick in the butt for me. :mad: I was disgusted and angry with myself and FAMILY, trying to figure out how and when did all this happen to me. And must I add these pictures are very recent pictures taken w/in a month ago and a couple of selfies that I took just this past SUNDAY after church. I told my family (husband, mom, sister, daughter & even my young nephews) I blame them b/c they should have come to me and told me that my weight was really getting out of control. Now, I can't blame my daughter too much b/c she has tried several times to get me out to go running w/her but she's an all around athlete, playing four different sports & I try explaining to her that I'm not yet able to run, that I have to work up to running but she's not the one to hear any excuses. However, on yesterday she was able to convince me to go but made me do four laps around the park which probably comes out to 2 miles but remember this is the same day that I took a look at the pictures of myself...w/NO NECK...SEVERAL CHINS!!!:explode: Now once we finished I felt like I could accomplish anything and could've even did another lap (slower pace). Plus, I even rested throughout the night w/o tossing and turning or even getting up several times to go to the restroom. I'm glad that she pushed me to get out and get started a day ahead of what I had already planned and we actually had a great time...you might even see me on a video:laugh: you know teenagers feel they have to record everything but it was fun! She even convinced my mom to go w/us who's in much better shape than me.:huh:

Praying to stick w/it and maybe printing and posting these pictures throughout the house will keep me motivated and away from the breads, sweets and drinks.

Let's see what today brings...
  • crybabyfancy
    crybabyfancy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    my favorite fashion I couldn't fit :wink:
  • RTrigger91
    RTrigger91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    going from 'cant quite get my jeans buttoned' to 'Yay i got them close,though its not comfy 'then on to 'look buttoned and comfy and maybe just a little wiggle room'. That's as far as i ever get before i slip off the wagon but i'm back for another try so here's hoping motivation stays high.
  • Yana220
    Yana220 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When I see pictures of what I used to look like, or see other women my height at their appropriate weight - I get so motivated. Recently, I had a very scary episode with my blood pressure, and I'm now super motivated to continue with my fitness and weight loss goals.