Forest Team!

Options
zanne54
zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
Hi Forest Team!

I'm stoked to be a part of this challenge! Woohoo!

Replies

• AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome All! And thanks Zanne for starting a thread we can use to keep in touch. Almost everyone had entered there goals. Make sure you put you current weight in by the 4th. Good luck everyone!
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Go Team Forest! We've got some runners here, so our team name is very applicable. :)

-Jen
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi team! I am looking forward to this :)
  • BMP9713
    BMP9713 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! I'm so excited to start this challenge!!
  • meni79
    meni79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm excited too.
  • zanne54
    Options
    Tomorrow is week zero weigh-in! And the challenge starts!

What are all of you planning to do to meet your goals?

I will:
    *try to stay within my calories for the day/overall week
    *try to earn 500 calories a day on average through exercise
    *only eat back around half my earned calories (depending if i'm hungry or not)
    *try to exercise daily
    *hope to lose 2/3 lbs per week - 8 lbs
    *be ecstatic if I lose my last 10 lbs and hit my goal weight of 155!
  • BMP9713
    Options
    Well I plan on trying to workout 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes and meet the goal for steps on my fitbit everyday.
    I would like to lose 30lbs by the end of the challenge to make it to 193 but I will be happy if I could just get to 199. I have been stuck in the 200's for far too long and I need to get healthy and my weight under control so that we can try to have a baby!
  • Mahi33
    Mahi33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My goals are to workout 5 days a week and drink at least 6 cups of water. Good luck everyone, can't wait to start tomorrow :)
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to start tomorrow, too. My goals are:
    1) P90x3, Ripped in 30 or Ripped with Weights at least 4 days each week
    2) At least 1 run for stress relief each week
    3) Stay under my calorie goal for each week
    4) Alcohol one day per week only (this will be the most difficult and can affect #3)

Water and exercise is a habit for me and I have no problem meeting (and most of the time exceeding) those goals. I am doing the additional steps challenge here, plus am on day 3 of the 30 day Squat Challenge.
    I want to form the new habit of making nutrition just as important as exercise and not allow stress to affect my eating/drinking.

Let's have fun and kick some butt!

-Jen
  • honeybabes0810
    honeybabes0810 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone im heather I am stoked to start this challenge and hopefully lose enough weight to look good in my wedding dress in july that's my goal lol weight is 165 for the wedding hopefully. Hopefully I don't slip like I have been due to the stress :(.. Add me if you would like to thanks ladies.
  • zanne54
    Options
    Hi Heather - another bride! My wedding is May 3rd - eek, a month away! I'd be so happy to break the 160 barrier for it, but that's 4-5 pounds away. 160 was my original goal weight - and will represent a loss of 1/3rd of my starting body weight. Fingers crossed I can meet it as it was my original plan was to be at my goal weight when I got married.

Try not to let the stress get to you! Easier said than done, I know!
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    One more day! Don't forget to log your starting weight tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a little better over the next 12 week. Good luck to all!
  • annie786
    annie786 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone- D-day is here! :) I have set myself for 12 pounds loss for 12 weeks. 1 lbs/wk... I 'll be happy with that. I plan to work out an hour a day 4 days a week. I must say drinking 8 glasses of water really helped me during the last challenge I did. So I will definitely try to drink that damn water, even if I feel like I am drowning in it. :)
    Getting great vibes from all you ladies. :) Here we go! :)
  • BMP9713
    Options
    Omg I am so pumped!
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    When I weighed in this morning, I was up a pound more than I thought I was, so I may adjust the goal weight when she opens the spreadsheet again. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself. 10lbs or 12lbs? I need to make up my mind....

Here's to a killer start for all of us!
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi team! My goals for this month are to....

1. stick with my strength training routine and increase the weights by the end of the month.
    2. Increase the distance I can run comfortably... 5k season is just around the corner and I am not as ready as I wanted to be.

3. Pack my lunch more frequently!

my brother is getting married in June and I haven't bought my dress yet, I am hoping to lose another dress size before I pick it out!
  • F1ress
    F1ress Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my first 12 week challenge and I am so happy to be here. :)

I have set my target weight but my other personal goals include :
    Gym at least 3 times a week and stay within my calories. Small steps as I have a long way to go.
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    Just checking in. Hope everyone is having a good week. I must confess, I like the idea of logging in at the end of the work week. Weekends are never my best time. I get outside and am much more active generally than during the week, but it is hard for me to limit my food intake when we have friends visiting or are eating out. Then the work week comes and I get right back no track!

Good luck to all this week :-)
  • BMP9713
    Options
    What day do we weigh in?
  • zanne54
    Options
    Fridays are weigh-ins.

I hit my lowest yesterday at 163.6, but bounced back up to 165 today. Probably the chicken wings from last night. ;)

Yes, I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself every day. But I do it anyway, for motivation. If I'm up weight, then I need to buckle down and keep working at it. If I'm down weight, it's working, so keep working at it. Win-win! (Or should that be lose-lose?)

So far I'm doing pretty well on burning an average of 500 calories a day. I'm actually ahead for once, and it's a lot easier to stay buffered ahead of the game, than it is to try to catch up.

Hope everybody else is doing well so far, and let's all have a great weigh-in this week & show the other teams how it's done!