What's the best race number you've ever gotten?

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
I got 1,000 once at the Bridges Half Marathon -- ended up winning my age group!

bridge3.png

Replies

• ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I had 224 this past weekend. Which is my birthday and my lucky number. I got third in my AG.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Best: last Sunday, I had 1188

Worst: my mountain bike race last summer... got 73, the perfect number, and smashed my bike and DNFd
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I had 666 once.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Oh, 5k... well, I don't think I've run a 5k where I received a bib!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I got 870 once. Which being a gun nut was pretty cool.
  • chriscm70
    chriscm70 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I had numbers '2' and '3' once... just because I registered us right when it opened. People were commenting on it at the race thinking it was because we were really fast!!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I had 666 once.

I hope you ran for the hills, ran for your life...
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I had numbers '2' and '3' once... just because I registered us right when it opened. People were commenting on it at the race thinking it was because we were really fast!!

The Rocket City Marathon assigns numbers based on runner seeding -- the lower your number, the better your projected finish. It's kind of cool because if you beat your number, you know you had a good day. Sadly, when I ran the race, I was number 129 and finished 189th.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

The Rocket City Marathon assigns numbers based on runner seeding -- the lower your number, the better your projected finish. It's kind of cool because if you beat your number, you know you had a good day. Sadly, when I ran the race, I was number 129 and finished 189th.

I have an easy enough time putting tons of pressure on myself all on my own. I don't need any help from my frikkin bib!

:laugh:
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    666 for me
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I think the ultimate race number for any female is 261....still waiting for the day when that happens. If it happens.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I think the ultimate race number for any female is 261....still waiting for the day when that happens. If it happens.

That would be amazing!!! ???????????? I got a 267 and got overly excited for moment lol.