Newbie to "The Fast Metabolism Diet"

Options
zam1955
zam1955 Posts: 18 Member
Just purchased the book earlier part of this week.
Still reading and learning about my relationship with food.
Looking foward to starting this new way of eating on Monday 3/3/14.

Replies

• marcy2421
    marcy2421 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just got the book as well and started on Sunday! Good luck to you!
  • kesslertg
    kesslertg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    First you have to confront the harsh reality of this diet - no caffeine, dairy, or sugar. Those are big challenges.

One you get past that reality the weight will leave quickly. First day I had a horrific caffeine headache, but go through it. Then things got easy.

Some advice:
    1) Don't skip the mid-meal snacks, ever.
    2) Keep rotisserie chickens in house at all times.
    3) My one cheat, which gets me through, is peanut butter made just from crushed nuts (not the kind in a jar with all the additives)

Funny thing is that over time eating celery for snacks has become appealing.

I was 224lbs last August. I have been below 200lbs since December. Admittedly I bounce around from high 180s and in the 190s,but this is a lot better than 224 lbs.

Tom
  • cmed24
    cmed24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    im also new, started on Monday of this week. im on my first day of phase 2 today and I am hungry for the first time. i will be happy when this phase is over i hate having to eat meat all day, it just feels like too much!

good luck to you! i hope we both get the results we want!
  • wredpanther
    Options
    I'm week 2, phase 2 of fmd. Anyone want to be friends on here?

sheila
  • wredpanther
    Options
    Hello,

Can you tell me how you're doing right now? I'm week 2 and I think this is the last diet of my life. I want to know about maintenance.

thank you.

also, if you are still using myfitnesspal, can we be friends?

thanks

sheila
  • schaferelsa
    schaferelsa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am new I just started the you diet last week and lost five pounds total now I'm weak to phase 1. I was crazy all over the place...hope this week I get myself ❤ together