day 2 in hospital and still vomiting

Options
Hi all I'm vomiting everything that goes in my mouth. They switched the pain medication because the morphine was making me sick. They are going to try pureed foods today to see how I can tolerate it.i just want to stop vomiting it's hurts like hell.

Replies

• bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear it. I couldn't take any narcotic pain med by mouth at all, (never could), so went without. Do they have you on the nausea skin patch? It helps some. Hang in there. It will get better!
  • merobles827
    Options
    so sorry to hear... hopefully the new meds work for you!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I was on a morphine drip and then vicodin by mouth. But the only nausea I had was the junk they make you drink to check for leaks. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    So sorry, same thing happened to me, I warned them to just give me Tylenol, I can hack pain but narcotics make me puke, there isn't enough zofran or phenergan to stop it. I am saying a Hail Mary for you.
  • platinum3karat
    platinum3karat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm heading home now. I was able to keep the yogurts down today. No bowel movements yet nor have I passed any gas yet. They gave me a patch behind my ear for nausea. Hope it gets better because now I have headache.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear about you being able to eat and keep down yogurt. This a step in the right direction. Although I never experienced nausea my surgeon sent me home with a prescription for nausea (that melts under mouth), pain pills and one for cramping (this I did use a few times),

Don't worry too much about bowel movements. I have always been an everyday kind of person, and after surgery didn't do anything for almost a week (there was nothing to come out). Now at almost 8 weeks out I'm back to almost everyday, but it's very hard and I need to use stool softener almost daily.

You taken the largest step, now just baby steps as your body will allow you.