Recommended Exercise DVD's

Options
kaytyl2
kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
So I love working out and love how I feel afterwards. I prefer classes at the gym and weights, but juggling work, 2 young kiddies and a self employed husband who is normally out doing plumbing jobs at various times means I can't go anymore.

I have a few workout DVD's but love hearing about new ones and mixing it up.

I recommend Jillian Michaels although I know people either lover her or hate her. I Personally luuurrvve her!!! I also recommend Kettlebell workouts with Lauren Brooks and the older original Jari Love weights DVD's.

Any other good DVD's out there people recommend??

Replies

• Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels, my favorite of hers is body revolution. She breaks it down by week and it's different move each week including weights.
  • kaytyl2
    kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks Blance76 I have been thinking of buying that for a while. I think I may have to invest!
  • ceemcb
    ceemcb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you're a fan of yoga at all but Bethenny Frankels first yoga DVD is excellent. More about active yoga and great stretching and toning exercises. She is def. a love/hate personality as well but the instructor on the DVD is great!
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i use Slim in 6 by beachbody, with Debbie Siebers. low impact aerobics, but great results!
  • msjohnson426
    msjohnson426 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you look well on youtube you can find the full legit jillian michaels, and other work outs from other trainers on line. I am on a budget so this works for me. I make a workout playlist in youtube that way I also have variety.
  • ramyad1
    ramyad1 Posts: 16
    Options
    If you look well on youtube you can find the full legit jillian michaels, and other work outs from other trainers on line. I am on a budget so this works for me. I make a workout playlist in youtube that way I also have variety.

I don't like gyms and so I do similar with youtube. There are so many fitness videos that you can follow. I'm not fussed with the quality of the video, Just need "someone" in the background doing the same as I am :-)
  • MsFitzpatty
    MsFitzpatty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels too, but I'm also a big fan of Jessica Smith's 10 pounds down Better Body Blast. Intense workout but explained very well and easy to follow, music that makes me want to move. Found it in a bargain bin, but she's great. Jessica Smith also has some pretty good online videos on youtube.
  • MsFitzpatty
    MsFitzpatty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A friend told me about Cassie Ho's youtube videos "pop pilates". I haven't tried them yet but I'm hearing she can be a bit annoying but her videos are awesome. Have to give those a try soon.
  • evie50h
    evie50h Posts: 4
    Options
    I want to exercise however, I have been slow getting started. Just getting into a routine is hard. I started on Monday but have not did anything since :-( Any suggestions?:wink::smile: :sad:
  • evie50h
    evie50h Posts: 4
    Options
    My daughter has all the DVD's, geesh I promise myself I am going to get moving today ! At lease 45 min of some kind of workout!, Yesterday I started the tracking of my food intake and it really helps.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love my Zumba DVD. My niece gave me a box set for Christmas!
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have the Insanity set, but due to time I like the Jillian Micheals with the kettlebells, I need to start looking for some ful length workout DVD's online! I never thought of that before!