I'm looking for some running buddies

BobcatGirl110
BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
I am looking for some running buddies :) I started running last spring (c25k) to lose weight and just kept running. I am my only motivator and would love to have more MFP friends to discuss running, running issues, running goals, etc etc with. I'm not the fastest runner but running has become my exercise of choice and would rather have friends who have some running goals rather than weight loss goals :)

Replies

• timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    You can friend me if you like. I used to run more, but got injured and sick. So I'm just getting back into C25K. I'm a penguin, but am finding myself able to run faster now that I've lost 20 lbs. My current goal is to get back into running 3 x 6 miles a week. And to finish a 5K in under 30 minutes. I know these aren't huge goals for a lot of people, but for me, it's where I'm at.
  • aschlady
    aschlady Posts: 1 Member
    I am in the same boat, trying to find running buddies... it can be difficult to find people close by who can run in the morning and that's what I'm looking for. I am considering joining a local running club.

My main goal right now is to get my personal best 5K time. I ran my best (21:00) when I was 18, that was 12 years ago. I also aspire to run longer races as well but I'm gearing my training toward building my weekly mileage and doing race pace runs once a week. Feel free to friend me, I would love to talk running goals and motivate each other to stick with it!
  • I am most definitely not a fast runner (I just got my 5k time under 40 minutes lol), but I did a couple 5k's last year and have signed up for two more this year. It's definitely getting easier to run as I lose weight, and my goal for running right now is still weight loss (I still have 50 pounds or so to go)... but I'm starting to look further ahead at seeing how far I can push myself as a runner also, not just as a way to lose weight.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    I started off running to try and lose weight, now i'm trying to lose weight so I can run
  • Mellyajc
    Mellyajc Posts: 142 Member
    Add me if you like! I don't make it out quite as often as I'd like these days, but I love running. I started because I heard it was the best way to burn calories and lose weight, but now it's mostly for mental health, stress release, enjoyment, fun, fresh air..
  • I've had an on and off relationship with running over the past 18 months but I've recently found my love for it again. I don't really know anyone else who runs long(ish) distances so it'd be great to have some running buddies to talk to about diet, technique, race preparation, shoes, and all that fun stuff! :)