Favorite gearhead related shows

Options
dinosnopro
dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
I've been a Hot Rod magazine subscriber for many years. It drives my wife nuts because I don't throw then away, you know reference material and all:wink: But any way, Hot Rod does a show on You Tube called road kill and I started watching this weekend, I must say I love it. Jay Leno also does one called Jay Leno's garage, which is also very good.

What are some of your favorites?

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    /DRIVE and Motortrend on Youtube, and the block of shows on Spike on Sundays, and Top Gear (although that could be better called car themed entertainment than a "car" show).

Magazine wise, I read Grassroots Motorsports.
  • dinosnopro
    Options
    /DRIVE and Motortrend on Youtube, and the block of shows on Spike on Sundays, and Top Gear (although that could be better called car themed entertainment than a "car" show).

Magazine wise, I read Grassroots Motorsports.

I like the stuff on Spike, but we dropped cable quite a few years back. Now I stream their shows when I get the chance.
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Top Gear (both UK and US versions), Wheeler Dealers, Gas Monkey (I'd never buy a car from them though, lol), NHRA, Sprint Boats (man, I love sprint boats! Can't blink when I watch it.), Drag Boats, Supercross, Overhaulin', MotoGP, Barrett Jackson, Meccum... I'm gonna have to watch Road Kill.

Use to subscribe to Camaro Performers magazine, until I realized I never threw them away. I had stacks of them piled up on my bedside and in the bathroom with some Cosmos mixed in. X-D
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I like "Fast N Loud" just because it is funny.
    Spikes "Trucks"
    and, "All Girls Garage". Jessi Combs really knows what she is doing.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love Graveyard Carz. All mopar, and the humor is so dry, it's hilarious. Lots of neat little tidbits on factory resto of those old cars. Overhaulin' is good too, Foose does good work, and now that they spend more time on the car and less time with the stupid prank it's a better show. oh, and OF COURSE, Top Gear UK. The quintessential car show.

Can't go wrong with Car Talk on the radio too.
  • Citrislazer
    Options
    Forgot to mention I really enjoy Count's Customs too!
  • dinosnopro
    Options
    Spikes "Trucks"

Fast and loud was just filming at a salvage yard (french lake auto parts) not too far from where I live.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    Spikes "Trucks"
    I couldn't get into that All Girls Garage. Jessi Combs and Bogi are legit, not sure about Cristy, but they overplay the "hey we're all girls, TEEHEE" aspect. It really drags the show down IMHO.
  • Citrislazer
    Options
    Spikes "Trucks"
    I couldn't get into that All Girls Garage. Jessi Combs and Bogi are legit, not sure about Cristy, but they overplay the "hey we're all girls, TEEHEE" aspect. It really drags the show down IMHO.

I totally agree. When I work on a car, I do not look pretty when I'm done. I wish they would show them doing the actual work. Time lapse scenes would be great. I'd also like to see how they solve situations that require lots of arm strength. Sometimes I just can't get a part off myself. A BFH or torch isn't always the best solution.