How many inches of difference between waist and hip?

Options
Kathrynrbg
Kathrynrbg Posts: 176 Member
Hi I am 5´4" I see models and actresses with nice bodies have 10 inches difference (nowadays since it used to be 12 my mom´s times.)
I only have 8.8" but improving (it used to be 7.9 a little while ago.
How about you?

Replies

• ultrafishboy
    ultrafishboy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". I started MFP with hips of 40" and a waist of 35". Currently my hips are 35" and a waist of 28", so 7". That waist-to-hip ratio thing. Ugh! My ratio has gone from .88 down to .81. Still workin' on it.
  • Kathrynrbg
    Kathrynrbg Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". I started MFP with hips of 40" and a waist of 35". Currently my hips are 35" and a waist of 28", so 7". That waist-to-hip ratio thing. Ugh! My ratio has gone from .88 down to .81. Still workin' on it.

It´s great progress 2 inches extra of difference. How many pounds you needed to lose in order to lose this 2 inches.
  • peacemesays
    Options
    I don't know if you guys are still on here but my waist and hips have almost no difference. I always told everyone, even at my skinniest that I had a boy shaped body. I have recently discovered that I am in fact a banana. I am 22yr 5'3" 163lb waist 40" hips 42". Now that I know my body shape I have no idea where to go from here. I have lost 7lbs so far and I work out like crazy. I am trying to look at my measurements more than the scale, but what should they even be on this body type? and how the heck are you changing your ratio??! lol
  • ultrafishboy
    ultrafishboy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Growing up I always had an athletic shape and felt self conscious about it. I was a tom-boy. But, all our bodies are different. I have no clue what my measurements "should" be. I do know that eating at a calorie deficit and exercise, I have slimmed down more than 20 inches. And, my self esteem is much better. Keep reading and researching. I hope you learn as much as I have. I will always be a banana foundationally. How we dress is the key to making us look curvy.