Day 1 at home all is well

Options
Hello all,

I'm at home and I feel a lot better. Got up this morning drank my vanilla premier protein shake which is 30 grams of protein. Took my medication and walked around my house for 30 min.

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    So glad all is well! You are doing a great job!
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    what a great report!

I am so happy for you and you are dong all that is required.

I wish I could get a protein drink in me! I'm struggling to get down 64 oz. of water.
  • platinum3karat
    platinum3karat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's a struggle but I don't want to end up back in hospital. So I am pacing myself and sipping my water. Hopefully I can keep the Refried beans down tonight.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are doing better than you were in the hospital. I find it slighly puzzling how every doctor's pre-op and post-op plans are different. I was on full liquids for 2 weeks after surgery. :happy: But it sounds like you are doing great now!
  • platinum3karat
    platinum3karat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree with you. It seems doctors give different advice. I was told to do liquids for 2 days then switch to puree.
  • merobles827
    Options
    I am glad to hear you are doing well!
  • tsmorley
    tsmorley Posts: 2
    Options
    Yeah it's weird every doctors different choices for plans after surgery...I've been home for a week....had my sleeve done on March 25.....I'm on full fluids for 2 weeks and then can go to pureed food....which I'm looking forward to having something that actually tastes like something
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Options
    Well done. I am struggling to get 40 gms protein in each day alongside water. Well done.

I too am intrigued by the variation in post op diets. I was on just clear liquids for 1 week. Full liquids for the next week. Pureed then anything from 1 month out. Which is now.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    So glad you are home and everything went well. Even though your post diet is extremely different length of stages than mine was, please do your meals carefully and slowly. I make a note each day of the food I've tried again for the first time and if I had any problem with it. It has taken me over 2 months to get to eating semi-regular food. Then on to foods I'll eat for the rest of my life, and those I need to avoid.

If nothing else, get your protein and water in for the day. Look for high protein foods, Greek yogurt has 11-12 g's of protein in one serving and my shake mix has 36 g's and evaporated/dry milk is high in protein and can be put in numerous items.

Karen
  • Pearlsbabygirl
    Options
    I'm excited to hear how well you are doing! Where are you all finding shakes with that many grams of protein? And you aren't having difficulty keeping it down, that is good to hear. I'm so happy all is going so well for you.

I am scheduled for the 23rd, so I am soaking this all in. Thanks for the evaporated milk idea. That is a new one I hadn't heard before, but the yogurt? Doesn't that have too much sugar for you? I was looking at the content on several brands (plain) and thought it might make me sick - no?

Patti
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Carbmaster skim milk, 60 calories, 11 g of protein a cup. no significant sugar