What motivates you?

Options
MsFitzpatty
MsFitzpatty Posts: 31 Member
So this past week I had three days of good healthy food, lemon water in the morning, green smoothies, logging my meals, exercise etc and was feeling great. Then the past three days I've been completely off - bad food choices, some fast food, no exercise. Feeling like a lump, but back on the horse today. I need to keep myself focused, and remember my motivation! No excuses, this summer is the summer to make some changes that will stick, and get rid of my muffin top and actually embrace shopping for new duds. Every year since I can remember from my early twenties on has been the "maybe I'll wear a bikini" year. I don't want this to be another year where I haven't accomplished my goals! What do you folks do to help keep you motivated?

Replies

• LinaHelseth
    Options
    What motivates me is myself wanting to finally be able to feel good about myself.

I currently live in Spain, but I'll be moving back to the States in August where I'll be going to graduate school.
    Moving to a new place and starting with a clean slate, I want to not worry about my weight and the way I look.
    I don't want my weight to hold me back, so that is the thought that keeps me motivated in my everyday workout.
  • glbrocks
    glbrocks Posts: 37
    Options
    My family motivates me. But most importantly I motivate myself. Health motivates me the most of everything though, I want to be healthy again!!
  • rachel_vegan
    rachel_vegan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound really awful compared to everyone else's nice motivations like friends and family, but Instagram is a huge motivator for me. There are hundreds of profiles dedicated to healthy clean eating recipes, motivational pictures of fit people, workout tips and funny pictures relating to fitness. I also follow motivational quote pages to keep my spirits elevated. I follow so many of these that my feed is inundated with positive posts that it keeps me going.

Another thing that keeps me pumped is being addicted to progress. It's slow, it's painful, but it's there. Once you start feeling and seeing progress, you want to keep pushing yourself. I keep saying "It took more than a week to gain it, it'll take more than a week to lose it". That's where I get my patience.

Anyways, I'm rambling. hope this helps! :)
  • kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When I need motivation, I look at pictures from when I was my goal weight. It helps remind me that I have done this before, I can do it again, it was just as hard then and I still got there. :)
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You are not alone in losing motivation, it happens to me all of the time. Last week I was extremely motivated with logging and exercise. Did very well but on Thursday, fell back to old habits and slumped Th-Sun. Time to get back to it today.