S&S Week 3

Options
TseliB
TseliB Posts: 300 Member
I've been seriously slacking off lately, so I have decided to give myself a kick in the butt! I'm going to finish the last two weeks of S&S while doing 30 Day Slimdown too (Anybody else still on S&S?)

So far I've managed four days each for these first two weeks of S&S. I'm aiming for that frequency (or more, if possible) for the last two weeks as well.

Public shaming is as good a motivator as any (:laugh:), so will be checking in each day on this thread to see if I can stick to it.

So....
Day 1 of level 2 is done. I really hate l2. Like really! It's gonna be a loooong two weeks!

Replies

• alli4795
    alli4795 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My plan was finish doing Level 2 S&S this week at the same time as starting the 30 Day Slimdown, but after that I think I'm done with S&S. I'm the opposite of you, I really like Level 2, but I'm just getting a bit tired of the same routine - 4 weeks on this might have been a poor suggestion by me knowing my quick ability to get bored lol

I'm here to encourage you though and really appreciate your support too! We can stick to it :)
  • TseliB
    Options
    I know what you mean about boredom. I was totally going to just stop & switch to Slimdown. But after my dismal week, I decided I need to learn to just push through. Who knows ? I could be loving L2 by the end too. Looking forward to mixing it up with the Slimdown though!

Thanks for the encouragement. It's a big part of what keeps me going.
  • TseliB
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 2 done. Don't know what I was thinking, combining this with the Slimdown! I clocked a 78 min session today. There's nothing left of me!!
  • alli4795
    Options
    Good for you!! I'm dreading tonight b/c NMTZ is just as long (longer?) as level 2....but your calorie burn and the fact that you finished it is inspiring! ...and I think the end goal is for there to be nothing left of the old me when this journey is through, so your sentiment was perfect :)
  • TseliB
    Options
    Good for you!! I'm dreading tonight b/c NMTZ is just as long (longer?) as level 2....but your calorie burn and the fact that you finished it is inspiring! ...and I think the end goal is for there to be nothing left of the old me when this journey is through, so your sentiment was perfect :)

Haha! Very good point.
    I would say start with NMTZ. I hope you enjoy it like I did. It's (a bit) longer than S&S, but I finished it on a high so S&S didn't seem so tedious when I got to it.
  • SharkBaitRachy
    SharkBaitRachy Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I applaud you!!!! I just could not get into this one. I did L1 like 4 times and L2 once and L1&L2 once. I just was not feeling it. IDK why, just dreaded putting the disc in the player and found 1,000 other things to do from laundry to playing Pet Rescue on my phone lol

So I'm here too to support you and applaud you and bow down to your super awesomeness and determination!

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:
  • TseliB
    Options
    Aw, thanks Rach! I know what you mean! Trust me, I'm not enjoying it, lol. I just know that it's because of S&S that I went so many days without working out. I was just dreading it every day. I think it's entirely too long and just not nice. I don't know how else to put it.
  • TseliB
    Options
    So Week 3 is over and I only managed 3 days of S&S. Not feeling disappointed at all though. I went hard this week, doing it alongside the Slimdown. I didn't think I would cope, but it's truly amazing what your body can do if you just push it. Today was my double-up day, so I clocked 92min - counting the 24min of 'Quick NMTZ'.

Been feeling really tired by the end of the day though, and craving protein like never before! Lol. I guess that's understandable - all things considered.

I weighed-in this morning and I've gained like 0.8kg since Thursday. I have to keep reminding myself that it's probably my muscles holding on to water, but that little tinge of disappointment keeps creeping in :frown:

So glad there's only one week left of S&S. I really & truly do NOT enjoy it :grumble:
  • alli4795
    Options
    I am absolutely amazed at your work and dedication this week - wow, it was not an easy one and you rocked it! And yes, absolutely muscles holding water. Its frustrating but its a sign of progress...and I'm (very slowly) coming around to the idea that I should like the way my body looks more than the number on the scale. We're getting ripped!

You should be so proud of yourself - doing the slimdown and s&s is no small victory. Woohoo :flowerforyou:
  • TseliB
    Options
    Thank you, Alli! :blushing: