P90X3 or any beachbody routine

Options
Hi guys

Has anyone done the beachbody routines but when worked out their goals is says to eat 3000 calories?? plan F on the P90X3 guide.

This is alot more than I eat now - (around 1700 calories) and each workout burns around 500-600 calories so I cant see how total of P90X3 plan F = 2500 will make me lose weight.

Anyone found that - I have most of the routines and they all say for my weight and grading to eat 3000 calories...

It just doesn't make sense in my eyes, but I really want to be one of those dudes on the screen going "yeah that was me 6 months ago, now Im half my weight" - Ive seen youtube real life vids of this along with the full blown beachbody releases so it sparks that...if it's true lets give it go whats the worst can happen.

Thoughts on the top end calorie plans? anyone done them?

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My understanding is that the formulas they use for calorie levels in the p90x nutrition plan are for weight maintenance, so you would need to subtract 500-1000 for a calorie deficit. If you want to maintain your scale weight, but trade fat for muscle, then eat what they recommend.
  • richym
    richym Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks Stephanj, I appreciate the answer however my brain does kick in and say why do they say 3k calories if you really need 2000? this is currently what Im working with at present.

it seems a really hard question Ive posted it around the net in front of BB coaches and everyone just seems to go quiet when I ask, I even sent Tony Horton a message on G+ and he didn't answer....thinking of simply sending Beachbody an email direct now in an attempt to get a definitive answer