How is everyone doing?

I am new to "running" I am excited for my first 5k ! but this week I have had shin splints for three days!! any advice?

Replies

• drmurnan
    drmurnan Posts: 1
    I've never had shin splints (knock on wood), but my husband has in the past. He found significant relief from wearing the calf compression sleeves (cep is a good brand...they are sold at Red Coyote too!) while running. Also, I would suggest some regular calf stretches...you can google lots of good ones for shin splints too. Hope it helps soon! Congrats on taking on training for your first 5K! Good luck!! :)
  • gabony_
    gabony_ Posts: 2
    Thank you so much! After nearly two weeks they are finally gone, this week I will definitely be checking google for calf stretches and I will check out those compression sleeves. I hope you never get them !
  • dcsm98
    dcsm98 Posts: 1
    the compression sleeves are great but if they are expensive you can always use ace wraps and wrap your legs with them. That is what I did when I waitressed. Also, make sure you have good shoes with good support.
  • Seems a little quite on here as of late. Hopefully because everyone is busy having fun and exercising. Red bud was this last weekend, was a really good time. There is a Route 66 Triathalon coming up and a sprint Triatholon for those interested in swimming, biking and running. The races are really fun and gets you motivated! Good luck to you all.