Options
tryingvegan
tryingvegan Posts: 79 Member
Post your recipes here

Replies

• dulcemiel
    dulcemiel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine a week ago and am anxiously waiting its arrival!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    oh wow i didnt even notice anyone joined. Hi! i've had my vitamix for a year (and my cousins had hers for 25 years). I use it for EVERYTHING.

A recipe exchange would be an awesome idea.

I'll try and post some tonight.
  • tryingvegan
    tryingvegan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Smoothie

! cup almond milk
    1/2 cup water
    1 small banana sliced
    green lettuce - handful
    1/2 Tab. flax seeds
    1/2 cup frozen cheeries

This was sweet enough without adding extra sugar.
  • brigara
    brigara Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I steam or saute a bunch of veggies
    carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, kale, spinach, celery, onion, garlic
    add to broth in the vitamix with oregano, basil, tomato paste, salt and pepper, few red pepper flakes
    run high until steaming, makes a great soup. Really low calorie and tasty.

I've also done this with flavorings of curry and coconut milk instead of italian herbs.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Here's my typical breakfast:

5 cups organic spinach leaves
    about 1 cup water
    1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
    1 tablespoon hemp protein powder
    3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
  • brigara
    brigara Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    that sounds really good! I will try it, thanks.
  • Lynnemarian
    Lynnemarian Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a vitamix and have been having a great time trying new recipes... just made my own peanut butter. Nothing but peanuts!
    For Breakfast today I had:

Blackberry Pear Smoothie

1 Cup (240g) plain yogurt
    2/3 Cup Water
    2 Bananas Peeled
    1 pear, halved, cored
    2 Cups frozen blackberries (or blueberries)

Place everything in the vitamix in the order listed. Select Variable 1. Switch machine to start and slowly increase speed to variable 8. Blend to 1 1/2 minutes

Per 1 cup (240ml) serving: Cal 142, total fat 1g, saturated fat 1g, protein 4g, fiber, 6 g, carbohydrates 31g, sodium 38mg, cholesterol 4mg.

Another GREAT resource is www.rawblend.com. Love their videos and recipes.
    Enjoy!!!
  • janellevaught
    janellevaught Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I got a vitamix about two weeks ago. I am having fun playing with it!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have only had my Vitamix about a week now, but I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!! I have never liked fruits and veggies and now I can eat them with no problems. This morning I tried something yummy.

1 frozen banana
    1 tbsp of peanut butter
    1 single cup of light vanilla yogurt
    1/4 cup dark chocolate almond milk

so good!!!
  • sherichele
    sherichele Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to your group. I have had my vitamix for a couple of months now and I love it but need some recipes. I have been using frozen fruit as fresh is not in season here. Today for lunch i had a smoothie with

frozen blueberries
    frozen raspberries
    frozen mango
    fresh spinach
    fresh cucumber (half of a cuc)
    low fat vanilla yogurt
    banana
    1/8 cup of mixed nuts unsalted

it is yummy!! I would love more recipes tho, especially for things like soups and juices.
    How much weight have you all lost doing this??
    thanks, Sheri:smile:
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I tried to make soup one time and it was awful, not sure what I did and by minute 3 or 4 it was overflowing the pitcher! I haven't tried again so if you have a really good soup recipe let me know and maybe I will try again.
  • janellevaught
    Options
    I make the following recipe all the time. It is really good! FYI - this recipe makes quite a lot, so plan on what you can eat it with (i.e., lots of salad, dip for veggies, etc.) before it goes bad.

Lemon Tahini Dressing

Using a Vitamix or equivalent blender, fill the blender to the top of the blades with:

-1 cup brown sesame seeds (optional: you can soak them overnight then dehydrate them)

Blend the seeds to cornmeal consistency.

Leave the blender on the lowest setting and add:

-1 cup cold pressed oil (Sunflower Oil is my favorite)
    -Juice of 1 and 1/2 lemons
    -1/4 cup Nama Shoyu (to taste, can add more as you go)
    -a few dashes of black pepper

Bring the speed of the blender up as you add:

-7-8 stalks celery, chopped (use the stalks without leaves to keep the mixture thick)
    -1/4 large yellow onion
    -1/2 green or red pepper
    -(optional) add 2 drops each of lemon and citrus bliss Doterra essential oils

Blend on high until smooth. Stores in the fridge for 5-7 days.

[Recipe courtesy of Vicki Talmage http://vickitalmage.com/my-specials/monthly-info-and-recipes/]
  • shellzbellz
    shellzbellz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow janellevaught this recipe sounds great, I will try it! I have been making my green smoothies each morning, I got the smaller wet container so I would not make them so large and clean up is easier for me. I love the recipes in the Whole Foods book that came with the unit, I have been trying out the soups and sauces and they are all very yummy and Vitamix always calls for the healthy ingredients which makes dieting easier.
  • amber6108
    amber6108 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this group!!! I'm going to try some of these recipes
  • Jisatsumisui
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of bananas in my smoothies, so this is what I do to make gritty protein powders bearable:

1-2 cups of coconut milk (or almond, or soy or regular milk)
    2 Cups of frozen berries
    1 serving of protein powder
    1-2 tablespoons (depending on how much milk) chia seeds
    1 tsp vanilla

I always make sure to gradually increase the speed, and then flip the turbo on for at least 30 seconds, this helps the chia seeds thicken it up nicely.
  • janellevaught
    Options
    Wow janellevaught this recipe sounds great, I will try it! I have been making my green smoothies each morning, I got the smaller wet container so I would not make them so large and clean up is easier for me. I love the recipes in the Whole Foods book that came with the unit, I have been trying out the soups and sauces and they are all very yummy and Vitamix always calls for the healthy ingredients which makes dieting easier.

The recipe is a basic base also. You can switch it up based on your own personal taste. For example, sometimes I add garlic or more peppers, etc. I just kinda taste as I go.