Chin Pull

Options
KNarrainen
KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
Hi there,

Just started Block 3 today and did Decelerator.
Loved it, great routine, flew by and some great new moves.

But...

If you're using a chin up assist, how do you do the Chin Pull, that's the one where you do a chin up, and then at the top pull your knees up to your chest.

Everytime I do it, my foot comes out of the chin up assist, or when my legs come down it gets wrapped around the foot strap.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• jsantus
    jsantus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I kind of put my feet together and 'trap' the assist band between them. It doesn't always come out perfect, but works for the most part. Plus it keeps your mind focused on something other than the actual pull-up and the fact that time seems to slow down!
  • KNarrainen
    Options
    I'll give that a whirl.
    I think the assist has made such a difference for me, I did a chin up without it since using it for a while a was shocked ar the increase in my depth of motion.
  • KNarrainen
    Options
    Took your advice, and that totally works. Thanks for a great tip. I used it on the other pull ups in this routine and feel like I did went deeper than I ever have before. Really feel like my back and shoulders are doing much more work than it used to, which is how it should be.
  • jsantus
    jsantus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Excellent, I'm glad it worked for you! I agree that the assist band is the best tool for pull-ups. I was using a chair for a while and I think I was getting into a little too much 'foot'. When I switched to the assist band, my form was waaay better and I felt it big time!