Men

Options
Vini9
Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
So the other day I was thinking of past realtionships and since we are all tall ladies I wonder how you prefer your men? :) I am happily married to a 6'4 man (I am 6'1) and when I was dating I liked them to be same height or taller. I even made one of my shorter dates stand on a step to kiss me. LOL :laugh: True story. So don't be shy speak the truth. :happy:

Replies

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have always been taller than my serious relationships. My husband is only 1 inch shorter than me, on flat feet (because that happens a lot. :smile: )

I did date a guy in highschool who was taller than me, but for me it really came down to personality over height.

There is something about a hug from a guy taller than I am though...something about resting on his chest instead of his shoulder?
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I love tall guys, but realize that meeting someone taller than me might not be a reality and in the big scheme of things, there are other things that matter more than height. That being said, he absolutely cannot be more than a couple inches shorter.

I had a friend ask me once "what if you met the perfect guy, but he was 5'6"? I responded with "then he's not perfect".
  • jamimiller5
    jamimiller5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I prefer tall men. My ex-husband was only about an inch taller than me. Now that I'm dating again (or attempting to) my new line is, "you must be this tall to ride this ride."
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    My husband is about 4" taller than me, I am 5'11". I like it because he makes me feel little and girly which doesn't happen very often!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I never dated anyone shorter than me. My ex and my husband are both a couple inches taller than me
  • ljk0828
    ljk0828 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well, I PREFER them taller than me, but you can't always get what you want, huh? :) Most of the people I dated for any mentionable length of time were right about my height or within 3 to 4 inches shorter than me, but I've had relationships with a couple guys who were taller than me, One was 6'5" which was fantastic, except we had nothing in common. Oops. I think I just liked how tall he was.
  • BaconSlanger
    BaconSlanger Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have dated a guy shorter than me. But who I am with now is about the same height, maybe a tiny bit taller than me. I don't mind at all, and he doesn't either. We know you can't get everything you want in life and we are as happy as can be. The height doesn't mean anything. And he's super smexy *drool* so I'm good with the height. Hahaha.
  • 1802go
    1802go Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Couldn't care less about height! Its the person that count to me, your eyes can lie you into soo much trouble.
  • charmedparis07
    Options
    I would like a guy who is 6'5"
  • aKate_
    aKate_ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used to only date very tall men (two of my boyfriends were 6'7"). But the man who stole my heart is an inch shorter! It never occurred to me until someone pointed it out! Ha! When you are in love it doesn't matter ;)
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    In regards to physical attraction, I have never been attracted to shorter men in my adult life.
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    My husband is a sexy 6'7 :) I am 6'2 ... I wouldn't date a short guy b/c that was just weird to me(I tried once- I shouldn't have to squat to kiss LOL). I def had to find a tall man :) With him I can wear heals tooo WOO!!
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall in bare feet which makes me 6'2"-3" in heels. When I was single and free I would go out to clubs with my friends. Inevitably it was ALWAYS men in the 5'2 range that would ask me to dance! And ALWAYS slower tempo songs! :laugh:
  • emegburg
    emegburg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to marry a tall guy, but instead fell in love with my husband who's 2" shorter than I am. :) I've actually only dated one guy who was significantly taller. Part of it, I think, is where I've lived. I spent this last Thanksgiving in Minnesota, and there were tall men everywhere. Florida? Not so much. I've also noticed that all my tall guy friends (and my tall brothers) like really short girls. What's up with that??