When did you stop running/jogging?

Options
lolablitz
lolablitz Posts: 38 Member
I'm 34 weeks and was planning in my mind to run (Slowly, 4-4.5 mph) until my due date after being inspired by a friend. But yesterday I made it a block before I felt too much pressure between my legs. I walked the rest. I'm fine with transitioning to walking, but I was curious about other MFPers experiences.

Replies

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Last time I ran was at 3+6, 3 days after finding out I was pregnant. I ran a marathon at 3+6 and then my morning sickness kicked in RIGHT after that until week 17. At that point, I was already out of breath and figured I'd reusme running after the baby came. I'm trying to walk more, but I've not been too sucessful.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I made it to about 32 weeks before I decided it wasn't worth it anymore. At that point, I switched to fast walks. So you've got me beaten already! Really, though, a fast walk (I normally walk 4 MPH) and a 4.5 MPH run isn't much different so just toggle back and forth between the two as needed. Congrats & enjoy the home stretch!!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I haven't run since about 5 weeks. Morning sickness and the cold weather came about the same time and I said 'screw it!' Never did start back up again and don't plan to until well after baby comes. I am going for daily walks though.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 weeks and can still jog but not go faster than 5.2 on the treadmill for 20 minutes. It made me really sad when I started having to decrease my pace and even more sad when I had to decrease my time in addition. I know I'll get back into it once baby is born and I have to listen to my body.
  • rhye
    rhye Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks to excruciating RLP I had to stop around 22 weeks. Now even walking I get RLP and BH and get very uncomfortable.
  • seidel1325
    seidel1325 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    26 weeks and still running.; however, I am considerably slower (pre-pregnancy mile time was 6:45 - now it's 8:15). I also can't run nearly as far without having to stop and can only make it about 2 to 2.5 miles without a rest. I also run with a support belt under my belly.

Below is a link to a good blog on pregnancy running.

http://www.nycrunningmama.com/running-through-pregnancy-4/3rd-trimester/

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and I hope you are able to safely meet your pregnancy fitness goals.
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm only coming up on 16 weeks, so I plan on running for a lot longer, but I noticed within the first few weeks that it had gotten more difficult! My heart would be hammering and I'd be out of breath, so I started taking lots of walking breaks. Then figured I should probably slow the pace down. (I also got bronchitis the first month I was pregnant, so that might have had something to do with it, but its been a lot more difficult!) It finally warmed up enough to run outside and I realized I can still do it, but definitely at a slow pace. I've also found its much easier to run outside than on the treadmill b/c I can automatically adjust my pace, etc. I really don't see myself making it into the 3rd trimester, but who knows! I'm so impressed with you ladies who are doing it that far along!!!

Won't it be awesome when we finally have our babies and have our full strength/lung capacity back??? LOL
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was running for a few weeks before getting pregnant and continued running until about 8-10 weeks before switching to fast walking-jogging until now. I am 27 weeks pregnant.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I haven't run since about 5 weeks. Morning sickness and the cold weather came about the same time and I said 'screw it!' Never did start back up again and don't plan to until well after baby comes. I am going for daily walks though.

Same thing happened to me.. I ran a marathon in December and then at 6 weeks fatigue, morning sickness and everything hit and I had to stop... I meant to pick it back up in the second trimester... but haven't yet :/
  • saintpaulJess
    saintpaulJess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nice job making it to 34 weeks! I'm at 26 weeks and still running 3-4 times a week. I say "still", but really I started back up again at about 20 weeks. I hope to make it close to the end, but will take it a week at a time.
  • justinskitty
    justinskitty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome job to all of you who kept it up. I stopped at 7 weeks because I got a cold so bad that I couldn't sleep let along walk any distances. I was exhausted and couldn't breath. Since then I've been walking when I can. I already have a 4 year old and he hates the jogging stroller so I have to wait for my husband to get home from work if I want to go for a fast walk.
  • katebrog
    katebrog Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll be 27 weeks on Monday and up until last Friday I was averaging around 25-30ish miles a week running. However, last Friday after my easy 5 mile run I had this awful pain in my left hip/upper groin. It hurt so bad I could barely walk. The pain seemed to be coming from my pelvis, and the tendon between my legs hurt so bad. I decided to take a week off from running and only do the elliptical and cycle class, which doesn't seem to bother my leg. Hoping I can hit the road again come Monday, but may need to cut back on the mileage :(
  • seidel1325
    seidel1325 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    33 weeks and made it 2.58 miles is 26 minutes. It was a combo walk/run (about .1-.2 walk for every half mile). I'd slow down when I thought I was getting too hot then start jogging again when I felt better & decreased heart rate. I also keep getting round ligament pain about .3-.4 miles after I start. It always subsides, but it is a huge distraction.
  • formerlynobel
    formerlynobel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I stopped at 9 weeks after a 21-mile race. I decided to take a mental break after that until after the baby is born. Meanwhile, I've been enjoying other activities!