april 14/2014

Options
Well i'm making it on the 2 week liquid diet..its hard but i'm alive..lol! I was just wondering if anyone else has a surgery date close to mine or maybe have just had surgery so I can get pointers and share in this journey.

Replies

• jenquirk
    jenquirk Posts: 7
    Options
    My surgery date is April 23. Today was my first day of liquid diet. I am exhausted! Hoping it gets better after a few days of it. :smile:
  • saylexa713
    Options
    Good luck...???? I had my VSG on 4/14/14... Boy... It's been a rough few days... The annoying acid reflux... The nausea, the not having appetite for anything... Hope u experience a much smoother ride.... Good luck and pls keep me posted on ur first week...I'm interested...
  • debhaley1
    debhaley1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My surgery was also 4/14/14. I can drink water, but not enough. I am so not getting enough protein in for sure but I can't get any more of anything in. I hope that gets better. The gas is still killing me, Gas X strips are my friend for now.

Congratulations of your surgery. we can do this.

Deb
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    I had mine in January so I am back on regular food. I will say that the first week after surgery was tough time. Felt like I could not get enough water or liquid.
    The gas was a "pain in the butt" (no pun intended), it was awhile before that bloated feeling went away. Walking sure helped.

Feel free to add as a friend for support!! (I have already obtained my goal weight)