FTM of Twins

Options
Hi guys, I'm a first time mom of 2 awesome fraternal twin boys (3 months old) and I would love to connect with other MFP moms as well. I have so many questions (like how are u guys working out with new infants that require ALL of ur attention:-/) and would love to have some support while supporting others. Thanks

Replies

• RandaRae16
    RandaRae16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    HI! I am also a mom of twins (fraternal boys, 9 months) and a 4 year old daughter. My husband & I are restarting T-25 back at Alpha this afternoon since we spiraled out of control once Beta started and skipped more days than we worked out. We both work and the kids are at daycare all day long.

We typically get home and workout right away. Since it's only 28 minutes with cool-down, the kids are manageable as long as we head up & start dinner immediately upon finishing our daily scheduled workout. We did the 10 Minute Training routine after our daughter was born and T-25 is a great change up from that program. I'm only 25 lbs from my 1st goal weight; I have a feeling that I will reset that goal once I get to back down to that 160 lbs.

We struggle with our diet! We have a protein shake for breakfast; I typically have a lean cuisine for lunch and a handful of wasabi almonds for snack or a yogurt. Dinner is normally a fish/protein, veggie or 2 and sometimes either a rice or noodle side for our kiddos. For some reason, it's not working anymore!

Any suggestions on what's worked well for other moms for family meals??? Our twins are eating more & more 'table' food each week and our daughter will eat 95% of what we make for dinner for ourselves. I need more ideas that don't involve me spending hours on Pinterest!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions on what's worked well for other moms for family meals??? Our twins are eating more & more 'table' food each week and our daughter will eat 95% of what we make for dinner for ourselves. I need more ideas that don't involve me spending hours on Pinterest!
    Try google searching for low cal crock pot meals; prep in the morning and it's ready to eat at night! We'll also prep large crock pot recipes on the weekend to have quick/easy meals during the week for those night where there's just not enough time to make dinner. My LO is 13 months and she's also eating 95% of what we eat (just cut up small or cooked softer - even with only 4 teeth!). That does effect what we decide to make because she wants what we have, but it gets easier as we go along. But definitely look into crock pot meals!
  • jjanay100
    jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am home full time with 13 month old twins (identical girls) and my 3 year old son. In the morning when the babies nap I do the 30 Day Shred, it is only 25 minutes long. My son does it with me, plays or watches a show if he is being really annoying (lol). Then at night after the kids are in bed I go for a run with my friend who also 2 little kids. this is our sanity time!!
    It is hard to get everything done when you have 2 little babies and you really can't do it all so some days i focus on laundry, some days on cleaning the house and somedays on exercise. I feel pretty good about this new "routine"
    AND it is going to get so much easier!!! Once you get around 6 months and they can sit and play a bit together it is so much better. the first 3 months were the hardest!!!
    I also agree with the crock pot. I use my slow cooker ALL the time. My kids eat exactly what we are eating and basically always have.