Relationship with food...

Options
lirpamc
lirpamc Posts: 14 Member
Hi! I'm an overweight Crohnie trying to lose a lot of weight (my GI wants me to lose 100lbs). Through this process of picking healthier foods, it's coming to my attention that I have a horrible relationship with food. To me losing weight or being thinner = being sick. And I feel that I need to eat what I can now cause I may have a flare and not be able to eat...I know this is unreasonable and crazy. Anyone else have unhealthy relationship with food?

Replies

• fcordingley
    fcordingley Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, as soon as I'm feeling healthy I get an urge to binge on everything I wont be able to eat when I'm ill again (or back on a restrictive diet from the hospital!) Its caused lots of fluctuation in weight- last year I fluctuated 30lbs up and down.

I find that making sure even when I'm having a 'binge' day that I track it all in here, it really makes me think about what I'm doing to myself.
  • lirpamc
    lirpamc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That's me to a T...I've been going up and down with the same 20lbs for the past year. My family doc asked if my gaining the 20 back was because of prednisone lol. Nope, just binged... :)