The Daniel Plan Cookbook

Options
MaryIM
MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
I just bought the cookbook and got the ingredients today to try 3 of the recipes in the book. I'll post my reviews in a couple of days.

Has anyone prepared any of the recipes? Have any recommendations?

Replies

• cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I look forward to hearing more about it :happy:
  • Peg4Jesus7
    Peg4Jesus7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been considering buying the cookbook, so I'm interested to see how you like it. Sorry I can't help you, though :smile:
  • Tamarawalkingingrace
    Options
    I have the cookbook and its awesome. Everything we have tried has been liked :)
  • MaryIM
    Options
    Tamara ... Please tell us which recipes you've tried and like from the cookbook.

Within the past week I have prepared 3 "new" recipes from the cookbook. This is a "personal best" for me, because I seldom try new recipes. Here's my reviews:

1) the asparagus creme soup: easy to prepare, but very bland ... UNTIL I added a lot of spiced pepper

2) the Mongolian Beef: Very Good! Will definitely make this again

3) the Turkey Bean Chili: Very Good: Will definitely make this again

We are having the turkey bean chili for dinner this evening and I wanted to log the nutritional breakdown into my food diary. I did a google search and found a very similar recipe (from Dr Amen) and here's the link to that:

http://nutritionandwellnessbytes.blogspot.com/2012/02/foodie-friday-healthy-turkey-chili.html
  • Peg4Jesus7
    Options
    OK, so this isn't a recipe from the book, but watching the DVDs in our class, I've been trying the cabbage wraps for lunch. We're really enjoying them! I've done lettuce wraps in the past but got tired of them, so the cabbage leaves are a nice change :)
  • Peg4Jesus7
    Options
    Thanks, Maryl, for the recommendations! I hope to get the cookbook soon :)
  • DITT2014
    DITT2014 Posts: 8
    Options
    The cook book is out? I'm late! Going to purchase it because on my own, I do not make time to sit down and surf the web for healthy recipes. I do better with a book that's worth my time.
  • MaryIM
    Options
    The cookbook is beautiful! It's one of the "prettiest" cookbooks I've ever seen. The color photos of the recipes are amazing.
  • Tamarawalkingingrace
    Options
    I use a lot of recipes off the web site. Some are the same. We enjoyed the chicken stew a great deal.