Introductions!

Options
I am Kaylee. I am 20 years Old and I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and I am a carrier of Hemophilia A. :)

Replies

• Lynngetsthiin
    Lynngetsthiin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ! i'm arianna and i suffer from HS or hidradenitis suppurativa i just got a name for it recently and i hope to meet new people that have it aswell
    i think this group is a great idea:)
  • meme287
    meme287 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi I am Jackie, I am 35 and have Chiari Malformation, PseudoTumor Cerebri,Hydrocephalus, amongst other issues that are more common, I am pushing myself (even though I have been told not to) lose weight, I have never been a "small" women, but my health issue have left me laid up for months at a time, I would love to talk with other people with rare diseases, I understand the daily struggles you can face, and what it is like when people around you have no idea what you may be going through! Have a good friday!!:smile:
  • Kaylee_F93
    Options
    Hi Arianna! Hi Jackie! :) I am glad to meet some people on here with rare diseases too! My weight gain was half my disorder and half my surroundings. (I got married, my parents divorced and remarried, my brother moved all the way across the USA, and we moved like 6 times) Stressful! I just hope we can all go on this journey together with some people that understand a little more. :) (YAY FRIDAY!)
  • gemjolsnes
    gemjolsnes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Grete. I'm 35 and am in the diagnosis process for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hypermobility type). I had originally planned to dance professionally, but was diagnosed with fibromyalgia at 20 (and now we get to figure out if that was a misdiagnosis or of I have both). This app is the only way I've successfully lost weight since college, but I'd never really poked around the group section before. A group member put a link on a message thread about EDS I found through a Google search, so here I am :) I'm struggling with how to excersize without hurting myself - weight loss is helpful, but it won't keep me from falling apart.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm Casey and have Ehler-Danlos (Hyper Mobility type), thankfully it's pretty mild and does not limit me a lot. Mostly the arthritis that comes along with it that slows me down.