Stay Active!

Options
Vune
Vune Posts: 673 Member
Looks like we're slowing down on posting now that the weather is getting nicer. Let's keep active by reaffirming our summer goals and asking for advice and support.

I know a few of us have had a bad couple of weeks with the home life, but the motivation is still there. I'd still like to feel slimmer and more energetic by the start of summer, then transition into awesomeness when beach weather comes around and I can swim in the ocean.

Please share and ask questions and stuff! We're here to help each other!

Replies

• timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'll go: My goals for the next weeks are to lose the final 12 lbs. I'd love to be able to do a pound a week, to reach my goal by my birthday, but I may be asking too much.

My goal for this week is to just get a real shopping trip in and a plan for eating this whole week. I've really fallen off the wagon as far as cooking and planning out my diet. Snacks are especially tough right now, and I know I can do a lot better. Looking ahead, my goal for May will be not eating out at all, aside from our family pizza nights.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to best keep up with these, I'd love to hear!
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Been gone for awhile now ... but I'm back. Was almost at goal but it got away from me.

Goal this week:
    1. Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal.
    2. Drink water with every meal.
    3. Walk 5,000 steps outside of work.

Good luck all!
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have definitely been more stressed the last few weeks de to final year of my postgraduate degree in college but I think I'm doing better now! I definitely wont lose all my bs by the start of summer but I hope to shift some at least! I have a wedding at the start of August that I would love to reach goal by but I think that might even be unrealistic! I'll still plod along though :laugh:

Goals for this week:
    Drink my allocated water every day!
    Walk at leas 25 miles over the 7 days.
    Keep within calorie goal every day (except Thursday- good friends birthday!)
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Water was a big thing for me this week. I realized a few days ago that I wasn't filling up my water bottle or even feeling thirsty with everything that was going on. I think reintroducing water had a really positive effect on my weigh in today.

As far as planning meals, I do that more day to day than for the whole week, but I don't have a family to feed. If going out is a big thing, why not plan an "active" meal like a taco bar with shredded chicken and stuff, so you can stay healthy and the family can have some fun?
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad to see this post, I have been hoping this group would be more active! :-)

My weekly goals: Meet my calorie goals, get in 3 good workouts, not take the elevator at work (I work on the 4th floor of a 200 year old building - high ceilings!).

11 weeks until the start of summer here, and I would love to lose 11 lbs and get to 145lbs!