plans for getting the weight off post pregnancy

Options
Just wondering what everyones plans are to get the weight off post pregnancy. Im thinking the first couple of weeks will be mainly diet then alot of home based exercise. What are your thoughts

Replies

• rhye
    rhye Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to get a good milk supply first, then maybe slowly lower the calories. I will try to exercise but I don't think I can for a while because the gym daycare won't take babies under 6 weeks. I have a toddler though so I will go on walks with him and the baby.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I plan on breastfeeding and then going for lots of walks when I feel up to it. :) I'll slowly lower the calories again too once I feel like I can.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I want to start walking as soon as i'm able too. That's the good thing about a end of June baby. I'll be able to go to the park and stuff and it won't be cold. After I get approval from my doctor, I want to start running again, and start training for my next half marathon that I plan on running in Spring of 2015. After that, start training for my 2nd full marathon.

I will also cut back on calories and try to eat healthy!
  • nicolemviolette
    nicolemviolette Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I plan to cut my calories back to about 1200 to help with the weight loss, and work out at home as soon as I can, to try and tone up again. I made a lot of progress before I got pregnant with planks, crunches, weights, jumping jacks and some cardio on 'rest' days.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    My daughter (age 7) is training for a kids triathlon that will be in November. Right now all I do is take her to the park (it has a paved loop all the way around it) and she runs and bikes while I either sit or walk. We aren't quite warm enough to go to the reservoir yet, but soon we will be adding swimming to the routine a little.
    My only exercise plans are, as soon as I am up to it - whenever that might be- I am thinking maybe 6 weeks postpartum, then I will actually start biking, running and swimming with her. Aside from helping my daughter train, I probably wont do anything else until after her competition in November. Considering she only has 1 rest day, I think this will do just fine.
    I have no plans whatsoever of restricting calories as long as I am nursing. Keeping up my milk supply is very important to me. The exercise should be enough.
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great question! I am so flipping excited at the idea of getting back to it!

I will likely start with lots of walking (more than I've been doing now). Then, once I get back to a base level of fitness, I want to start doing Couch to 5K to ease back into running. I will also litter the plan with some spinning classes now and then. (My gym offers childcare care for kids 8 weeks and older! ) Eventually, I'll find a 5K to enter in the fall. Ah, I can't wait!

And anyone who is friends with me on here knows that dieting and I are not the best of friends! Spouse and I eat relatively nutritious foods *most* of the time, but I don't do well with any sort of deprivation. My nightly ice cream will continue!
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am hoping that breastfeeding and walking all over town will help me to shed most of the pounds. I am moving soon and there will be a ymca within walking distance of my new house. So, hopefully I will be able to start some gym workouts once I'm up to it. And swimming!!