Newbie looking for some SL friends

Options
Star_1234
Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
Hi, I thought I would introduce myself!

I have been doing SL for 2 weeks now. I am eating at TDEE -15%-20% and have about 29lbs to lose. I am looking to reduce my body fat to 20%, I am about 35% body fat right now.

So far, I have made strength gains and feel amazing after a workout. I have not seen decrease in weight or measurements, although I have gained 4lbs in water weight.

How long is it before you start to see results?

Also, please add me as a friend, would love to have friends who are also doing this program. :)

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group.

the first 4-6 weeks you will not notice weight loss etc...you will be retaining water and gylcogen in your muscles for repair.

Best thing to do right now is take pics for comparison and measurments.

Be patient most importantly.

You will see strength increases which is great...for me I noticed changes about week 4 with 2lbs going woosh

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

I take measurments usually every 10 weeks and in the first 10 I lost inches (4 in total) from my waist and hips and had dropped a total of 5 1/2lbs but most of all 3% bf was gone (29.4 to 26.3)

I have noticed in the last 4 weeks I have noticed a big increase in my muscle definition.

I will send a friend request over.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll be sending you a FR too :)

I've just finished my first month of SL and haven't really seen a change in the scale either. I do feel a lot better, though, and realize that it's a lot more fun than doing my workout dvds (mainly cardio) lol.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I started back at the end of October and it took about a month to see changes in my body. Obviously, the strength gains came immediately and I could feel a difference in my muscles pretty quickly. I haven't lost any weight, because I seem to think lifting gives me a license to eat any and everything I want, but I've lost lots of inches. I don't have it right in front of me, but I think I've lost around 4-5 inches in my waist. I keep telling myself how much better that would be, if I'd get my eating back on track, but I haven't convinced myself yet. :grumble:
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome here! I just finished my fifth week and I already started to see loss in cm, but not really in weigth. But I feel way better and fitter
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sending friend requests and replies.

I will be patient and hopefully see loss in inches/lbs in weeks to come.

Looking forward to going through this weight loss jpurney with you all :)
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been doing SL for 3 weeks now and I'm just now starting to see more definition on my shoulders and thighs/hamstrings, so definitely be patient :wink: . As far as loss, I'm only weighing myself once a month so no clue on the actual number right now, but my clothes are definitely much looser.

FR sent and best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me a FR......been around here for a while now.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too, I don't do SL but always around to help where I can
  • tinkystyle
    tinkystyle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I could use some SL friends too. Just finished my 2nd week of the program. Looking forward to getting stronger!
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 inches on my waist the first month. Not really any change in the scale. Feel free to add me!
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I've just finished my first month.
    I've lost 2lbs: not much, but I'm averaging a 300 cals daily deficit. I can't stand a larger deficit at the moment. I feel like I need fuel for my workouts, I want to get the best out of my newbie gains and I don't have much to lose so I'm happy with it :)
    I have also lost a couple of cms in my waist and I'm seeing more muscle definition everywhere. Everything feels firmer and tighter! And I love how my arms look :love:
  • belsameth
    belsameth Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new too, couple weeks in :) sending a friend request! Anyone else, feel free to add me too, would love some SL friends :)
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Fairly new....fairly active on the forums.

3wk of SL and :heart: loving it!! :bigsmile:

I have not lost any weight...actually have gained 3 lbs :embarassed: Thats how the game goes sometimes. Just trying to keep on point with eating and SL

Only time will tell- but these ladies here have the time in as proof... Im excited to be able to look back and say this is where I began- NOW LOOK hah.