Looking for breastfeeding friends

Options
alanaosu
alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
Hi

I'm mum to a 14 week old girl and I'm breastfeeding on demand. I'm trying to lose 15lbs to get back to my pre baby weight but finding it hard without it affecting my milk supply. Looking for other mum's (or mom's) to befriend on here for support. Please add me.

Alana

Replies

• ajzmann
    ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send you a request! My little girl is 20 weeks and I'm hanging onto my last ten pounds pretty tightly. I'm trying not to worry about it though. It's more important that I continue BF than lose those 10 lbs right now.
  • MommyToAllieB
    MommyToAllieB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend :). I have an almost nine month old daughter. I gained 51 lbs during the pregnancy and didn't start losing the last 25 lbs until she was five months old. Breastfeeding was making me ravenous. But I've been sticking to around 2100-2400 calories a day and losing a pound a week since January, and now I am 2 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight. I am sure it is all thanks to breastfeeding that I can eat that much and lose weight. I will say that cutting back on calories cut my milk supply by about 5-10 ounces/day, but I didn't start cutting calories until she was starting solids and drinking a bit less anyway. I'd say,don't rush it! I was eating about 4000 calories a day (WOAH!) during the first 5 months of breastfeeding.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    Me! I am breastfeeding my little one :flowerforyou: She is almost 18 months now :sad: but i still nurse her on demand when i am home. I can tell its getting less and less, unless she isn't feeling good. Then its super comforting for her i think. Feel free to friend me. This is my 4th baby i have nursed and pretty sure our last so i am in no rush to stop.
  • sarahelizaaaa
    sarahelizaaaa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm still breastfeeding! My son will be 1 next month! I can't even believe it. It's gone by so fast.
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    you ladies can all add me too! EBF/Pumping while working here. Need some good motivators! Mom to my sweet 19month old boy and my Sassy/Smarty 5 year old daughter!
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm new to mfp and exclusively bfing my 6 month old daughter.
  • LoveGrowth
    LoveGrowth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All you mamas can add me too. I have a 10 month old and am finding it very difficult to lose weight while breastfeeding.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I am nursing my 16 month old daughter. The weight didn't magically melt away for me at all. It took me 13 months to get back to my per pregnancy weight. I am trying to lose a bit more and firm up my jiggly midsection.
  • Rynjak
    Rynjak Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Hope you ladies don't mind if I sevd you a request too?

I have a 5mth old I'm exclusively breastfeeding and 2 other children 2.5 and almost 5.
    I did post a new topic but if you'd not mind adding me, it'd be great to get some inspiration from ladies who have done it or are doing it!

• christina_davis17
    Options
    Hi ladies!!

I hope you all don't mind but I want to friend request you all as well. :) I am brand new to this group and My Fitness Pal.

I EBF my 15 week old son, and he is baby #2 for me. My first son will be 3 years old in August. I am totally finding it harder to shed these last few pounds this time around. :(

Would love the support and motivation from other moms!!!