New!

Options
New to the lifestyle like 3 days in lol
...80 10 10 ....I think I'm detoxing can't wait for it to be over!
Any suggestions??

Replies

• danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

Detoxing can be a struggle for some. What is going on that makes you think detox? Some things can be detox and others just a simple mistake being made when new at this lifestyle.

Keeping it simple is very helpful in letting the body do it job. Stay hydrated and try to get in plenty of juicy fruits if available. The watermelon season just started where I am. Get plenty of rest, the body is working hard at pushing out all the old and making room for the new. Now is the time to allow yourself to take a break from any exercise you may be doing and stick to a gentler yoga or something more relaxing. Get in plenty of calories. A lot of the time many detox symptoms are simply a result of not getting in enough fuel and is not actually detox.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you need any assistance.
  • normajo123
    Options
    Thanks I will add you! I'm currently taking in about 1700-2000 calories.. As for symptoms I'm pretty gassy and gurgley, I try to follow proper food combining so I don't run into this but it's not seeming to work..so all I can think is that my body is still trying to push out the crap I was eating before which was pretty strictly paleo for a long time...I haven't done any super strenuous exercising since my job is pretty physical and at work I end up walking about 6 miles, 5 days a week
    So idk...weight is stable I would loooove to see a lower number on the scale but I understand it takes time :) and health is what I'm ultimately after (although it would be awesome to be sleek and lean like when I was younger!)
  • danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ah yes those symptoms are most likely your body getting rid of the old stuff you where eating. That is pretty normal in the beginning when coming from those types of diets.

Hang in there!