Dating: online or offline

Options
Hey, so I have recently come out of a relationship, where we met online. I want to date again but really didn't wanted to go back to online dating just because... well I suppose I was put off abit. So the last 2 months me and my friends have been going to the local gay bar where I have been trying to pluck up the courage to approach a women to ask for her number. Saturday I finally did it and have been texting this girl ever since. The thing is she isn't necessarily the type of women I would of emailed had it been online, (she is younger than me etc etc)

It got me thinking that approaching women/men in bars has its advantages and disadvantages like wise so does online.

I think I would probably now do a mixture of both. Also I live in a small town. Evey *kitten* knows every *kitten*, im pretty friendly with all the gay guys and trans to from hitting the bar.

SO whats your opinion? which do you prefer? How did you meet current and past partners?

Replies

• Jarahal
    Jarahal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I usually date online.. and very selectively with who. I have been in a relationship with my partner for a year and a half and we are very happy together. I do not like the bar scene and when I did date offline it was through circles of close friends. Not all, but most of the people in the bars and clubs are people who like to mingle and maybe not ready for the real deal. My boyfriend is 9 years older than me and I have always wanted that tight settled down relationship, even from a very young age. Not to say there are bar goers who aren't also the same!
  • Chelsea_O
    Chelsea_O Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I tried online dating, but it's never worked out. I like to take things a little slow and it seemed like every girl I ever talked to online wanted to be in love within 24 hours. Every girl I've date I met at school, work, and just one time, church lol
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I think I would be more selective with who I date online. I think both can be equally traumatising lol