Not where I should be

Options
Definitely not doing as well as I thought I was going to do with this challenge. I see so many people posting their weight and seeing awesome results. I need to step up my game. anyone willing to kick my *kitten* and get me in gear would be welcomed.

What is everyone doing for exercise? And how often are people eating cheat food? I haven't weighed in since starting since I said I would weight in the 20th every month. I want too but am quite frankly scared too. My exercise has been little to none lately. I am so exhausted with work lately I haven't been very motivated to get up early enough or do it when I get home.

congrats to all those who are doing so well. Keep it up! and to anyone not doing as well as they thought or anticipated let\s get it in check together :)

Replies

• bazookamomma
    bazookamomma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi!

First, don't be scared to step on the scale, it's a starting point. Just think, you decide if you'll never see that number again!

I completely agree with you on being tired. I work a 3-11pm shift and I hate getting up early to workout. What I find works for me are DVDs at home. I don't have to leave my house to go to the gym, and most of them are 30 minutes. I can make time for 30 minutes! If you can, get a workout buddy. I find having one helps me. When I get to the gym, I actually stay longer and work harder knowing I have someone else there with me.

The main thing is watching what you eat. Logging my food definitely helps. I have been pretty bad and have had a cheat meal almost everyday the past week... I just keep it in check the rest of the day! And I remind myself, one cheat meal doesn't make or break my whole day. I can start over with a healthy meal at lunch, or dinner, etc...

Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • losingit4infinity
    losingit4infinity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input it has definitely helped. I am going to give some of the things you mentioned a try. I do most of my working out from home so I do have DVDs my problem is I also work weird hours and I don't get home until 10-11pm. I find it hard to get to sleep right away and then hard to get out of bed in the morning. I think I just have to do it. I always feel better when I do and I know this but I still want to stay in that warm comfy bed. Thanks again for the advice I appreciate it a lot.
  • bazookamomma
    bazookamomma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input it has definitely helped. I am going to give some of the things you mentioned a try. I do most of my working out from home so I do have DVDs my problem is I also work weird hours and I don't get home until 10-11pm. I find it hard to get to sleep right away and then hard to get out of bed in the morning. I think I just have to do it. I always feel better when I do and I know this but I still want to stay in that warm comfy bed. Thanks again for the advice I appreciate it a lot.

I completely understand! I get off late too... and anyone can tell you, I LOVE to sleep. I LOVE my bed, all that! I don't know if you do what I do, which is get up to use the restroom or check my phone in the morning, then go back to sleep... But when I do that, I say "don't go back to sleep, put on your gym clothes" and I just go without a second thought. Try that.

I've also noticed with me, it's really all on my food choices because I know I won't work out everyday. So I can't count on my exercise to burn those calories! Just keep at it! Take one step at a time.

My diary is public so if you want, you can check it out and see what I eat!
  • msjohnson426
    msjohnson426 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Definitely not doing as well as I thought I was going to do with this challenge. I see so many people posting their weight and seeing awesome results. I need to step up my game. anyone willing to kick my *kitten* and get me in gear would be welcomed.

What is everyone doing for exercise? And how often are people eating cheat food? I haven't weighed in since starting since I said I would weight in the 20th every month. I want too but am quite frankly scared too. My exercise has been little to none lately. I am so exhausted with work lately I haven't been very motivated to get up early enough or do it when I get home.

congrats to all those who are doing so well. Keep it up! and to anyone not doing as well as they thought or anticipated let\s get it in check together :)

I feel the same way. Its very hard after w work for me to even keep my eyes open after work. I lost 3lbs in April and that was it. Im shooting for another 5lbs in May. Good Luck and stay motivated.
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly finding this harder then I thought as well, we just have to keep at it and enjoy every pound that goes, every little bit is still success!
  • vrinda9183
    vrinda9183 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I exercise on elliptical every morning before getting ready for office and before my kids wake up. I usually pack the lunch bags the night before so that I get full one hour of workout. then I do light walk during office just so that I don't end up sitting throughout the day. but once I go back home around 5 pm I have some heavy snacks and kind of dinner thingy with my kids then I take them out to play/for a walk. it gives me time with kids plus another light workout during evening (after early dinner/heavy snack)