GF homemade bread

Hi there!!

I got this GF all purpose flour from Costco and made a really good tasting rustic bread this weekend. It was a little bit more work than say a box mix, but definitely worth the effort.

It's called Premium Gold Flax & Whole Grain All-Purpose Flour Gluten Free. It cost $12.99 (I think) for 2 lbs and I printed the recipe off of the website. http://www.premiumgoldflax.com/recipe_glutenfreesandwich.php

I love it toasted with butter or dipped in EVOO!!!

Red

Replies

• nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Sounds good! Wish I had a stand mixer.

I have a bread machine and made Gluten Free Pantry's Favorite Sandwich Bread and French Bread mixes. Both tasted pretty good when they were still warm. They were terrible in taste and texture after that! Wonder if this would work in a bread machine?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Sounds nummy! I am just too lazy to make my own baked goods, but probably if I did I would eat too much of it anyhow, so no loss. I have a supplier - a lady who is head of the Celiac Support & Resource group in our area - she makes the most AWESOME Cheese & Onion Bread, and also a Really good nutty flavoured Seed Bread. She sells to our local Nutter's Bulk & Health Food Store.
    Liana

And I have a stand mixer with dough hook, no excuse... lol
  • Sounds good! Wish I had a stand mixer.

I have a bread machine and made Gluten Free Pantry's Favorite Sandwich Bread and French Bread mixes. Both tasted pretty good when they were still warm. They were terrible in taste and texture after that! Wonder if this would work in a bread machine?

They have a recipe for a bread maker too! I don't have one, so I used my stand mixer.

Red
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member

They have a recipe for a bread maker too! I don't have one, so I used my stand mixer.

Red

Thanks! I found it http://www.premiumgoldflax.com/recipe_glutenfreesandwichbreadmaker.php (if anyone else was interested)

Next time I'm in Costco, I will have to see if they carry the brand. I really want to be able to find a good homemade gf bread. Crossing fingers this is it :-)
  • megottlieb
    megottlieb Posts: 2 Member
    I recently tried Namaste brand bread mix, it was between $6-7 for the bag and it made one loaf. I threw it in the bread machine on the normal setting. It was actually pretty good considering it was gluten-free. It was very dense and made excellent toast.