Recent VSG patient - just introducing myself!

Options
sadiegrrl
sadiegrrl Posts: 15 Member
Hi everyone!

I am a relatively recent VSG patient - my surgery was on March 17th - and I'm looking to connect with some other VSGers here. I'd love to make some MFP friends to inspire and motivate me. Please feel free to send me a friend request!

Cheers,
Sara (sadiegrrl)

Replies

• jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    One month out and 31 pounds down!!! Woohoo!!! Congrats
  • sadiegrrl
    Options
    Thanks! I'm in a stall right now but hoping that the scale moves again soon. :)
  • jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ahhh yes the first stall is quite frustrating! But you're body will get past it, just stick with the program. Drink your water and get all of your protein and that will typically expedite the process. Stalls will happen periodically through your journey, but as long as you stick with what your NUT says, your body will adjust and the weight loss will pick back up. You're doing great! This is just the beginning :)
  • sadiegrrl
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement!
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

three weeks out today and down 24.4 lbs. we can do it!
  • sadiegrrl
    Options
    Woo hoo! Congratulations!
  • JxAAA
    JxAAA Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had surgery the same day as you. Welcome!!
  • sadiegrrl
    Options
    Thanks so much! :)
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Welcome all! Had my surgery July 2011. So almost 3 years ago. Started out with 226 to lose, still working the plan and have just 66 left! Always willing to leand an ear and a hand.
  • tsmorley
    tsmorley Posts: 2
    Options
    I had surgery March 25/14 and I'm down 60lbs...20lbs on liquid diet before surgery....you'll do great
  • sadiegrrl
    Options
    Wow, awesome!
  • LovingMySleeve
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • platinum3karat
    platinum3karat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sleeved 3 weeks ago and down 26 pounds 82 more pounds to lose to reach my goal. I'm also at a stall the scale hasn't moved in a few days.
  • sadiegrrl
    Options
    Thanks all!

Don't worry Kara - it will be moving again before you know it. :)
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    So glad you are having such a tremendous amount of weight loss success so soon. What's your secret? Keep up the good work.

Karen
  • apelilag
    apelilag Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome! We had surgery the same day.
  • sadiegrrl
    Options
    Karen, I'm not sure! I wish I knew so I could break my current stall. :)

Apelilag, how are you doing?
  • apelilag
    apelilag Posts: 30
    Options
    Karen, I'm not sure! I wish I knew so I could break my current stall. :)

Apelilag, how are you doing?

Doing great! Getting my 64 oz of water in a day and hitting or getting really close to my protein goal, some days it's hard. I was excited to add excercise in(besides walking) 3 times this week. Did some lights weights and elliptical. It I find I get really tired way before I used to.

How are you doing?
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am six months out from surgery. Just had my 6 month follow up today, I am down 84 lbs since surgery! I am hoping to lose about another 70. I started out at 382. I have learned so much from the things that were shared by people in this group, I am really grateful for it!
  • melanieyeatts
    Options
    Hi there! I had my surgery Jan 9th this year. I am down 56 pounds! 40 more to my goal. Absolutely the best thing I ever did for myself. Not only do I feel better, have a ton of energy, off all my meds but the most fun is making 2 shopping trips now to my attic and went straight to the plastic bins labled "skinny clothes"! I am so glad I never got rid of my favorties. I still have more bins to play in and looking forward to opening those! It is a fantastic journey.

Feel free to add me as a friend.