Forest Team!

Options

Replies

• gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The dress is gorgeous! I agree with Jen, 1 pound is totally doable especially with how hard you have been working.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Grrrr, stuck at 161. I know, I know, it's been only 6 days I've been "stuck" at this weight. Patience is hard when time is ticking away on a deadline.

I'm at 40 days without drinking. I made it! (well, other than tiny sips of specialty beers/a nice red my mom brought over just for a taste) Now, the question du jour is: do I keep abstaining? I have a hockey party at a bar tomorrow night where DH will be playing the drums, and I'm allegedly playing the triangle in the percussion ensemble - quite possibly in a bumbleebee costume. I *might* need some drinks to get through this! So, do I drink & risk shutting down all weight loss, or abstain & risk being the only sober one stuck on a plateau anyway? Decisions, decisions...
  • AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great week! For the first time in over 15 years I am in the 150s (barely, but I'm there). Less than a pound to go before I have a "normal" BMI. I leave tomorrow for vacation (Florida, yeah!), so next week might be tough. I am going to try to keep checking in, but may not be able to do a weigh in on Friday as I won't be back until Saturday.

This challenge has been great for me. I was out at dinner for a meeting of a board I'm on. Picked a "skinny" drink and salad in large part because I was thinking about this morning's weigh-in. Still a yummy night, but stayed within my calories. Personally, I like the Friday weigh in. I am not great on weekends, but have all week to stay on track.

Zanne, I wouldn't worry about the 161 -- remember, you had a 4 lb. loss last week, so you could still think of this as an average of 2 lbs. per week (which is great when you are so close to goal!).
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Anna-a major high five to celebrate the 150s! Enjoy vacation and just keep things in check as best you can and you'll be alright. Life includes vacations (man, it better!) so we all have to learn to deal with them.

Zanne- I laughed (literally!) out loud at the triangle and be costume. I so wish I could make the trip north with a bottle of Woodford in tow for you. Kudos to you for going 40 days...it's up to you if you want to continue or not. Im taking the approach of cutting back overall and really keeping it in check. But if total abstaining is what works for you, go for it. Either way, I am officially requesting a photo of you in the bee costume with the triangle. Thank you. :)

Congrats to BMP and Annie - great losses!

Go Team Forest!
  • zanne54
    Options
    Jen - I'd love to share a bottle of Woodford with you. Calories be damned!

The bee costume was vetoed. So I played tambourine in a choir robe. It was quite the sh!tshow! I ran 10K this aft so I could fit my vodka sodas in. Managed to stay under my calories too! Sadly, didn't show any loss this morning (sorry team!) hopefully next weigh-in I'll have results from all the crazy exercise I've been doing.

Anna - congrats on breaking the 150 barrier! And congrats on making a better choice when offered a panoply of tasty choices!
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    Grat job everyone on this week's numbers! I'm heading to the airport but will try to check in this week. I may miss the next weigh in (or it may not be accurate as will be a scale on the road if I can find one), so apologies in advance. Hope everyone has a great week.
  • BMP9713
    BMP9713 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not sure that I will have a great loss by Friday due to the holiday. I can't resist a good Mac n cheese lol but it is almost gone. Hopefully my husband will take the rest of it in his lunch lol.
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    We came in first place...woot wood!! Way to represent!
  • BMP9713
    Options
    How is everyone doing this week? It is almost that time again and I must say that I am very happy with my loss this week. I didn't expect to lose anything with Easter being Sunday. I actually thought that I was going to gain weight. Hope you all have a blessed day.
  • zanne54
    Options
    Sorry I've been so quiet. Been totally preoccupied with wedding planning. I'm still here and promise I'll be back once I'm all married!

Hope everybody is doing well and way to go team on winning the challenge last week!
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Not much of a loss for me this week. I have been feeling bloated all week for reasons unknown. I have been extra sore lately so I wonder if it's related. I've always said weight loss would almost be easier for me if I didn't workout. But I have to work out to prevent insanity. :)
    I hope you all had a good week!!
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good week. I am on vacation and have eaten far more than usual. Not an insane amounts (but who can resist ice cream while outside in Florida). On the other hand, much more active than normal -- NINE hours at Legoland yesterday had to have burned some calories!

Anyway, I can't weigh in reliably until I get home (and can't access the spreadsheet on my tablet for some reason) so put my weight in before leaving. Hoping it hasn't gone up much!
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    Hi All! Hope everyone is having a good week. I was okay during the start of my vacation, but then kinda fell apart over the weekend and carried that over to yesterday and today. Its weird, but when I know I have over indulged I feel as though I have simply wasted all my hard work. I have to remind myself that I am not going to regain 30 lbs, over a couple of days, even if it does feel that way sometimes! Anyway, getting back on the wagon tomorrow and dedicating the rest of my week to following my eating goals :-)
  • zanne54
    Options
    Anna - vacation is hard! And I totally understand that need to be "perfect" or to not bother at all. It's something I still struggle with. But, look at your ticker below: a few days of indulgence did NOT waste all your hard work. At the worst, it's delayed your goal weight by a few days. Just because you didn't take the most direct route to your destination, doesn't mean your entire journey is a failure - you will succeed anyway & eventually. Just get back on track, and keep on track! You're in the homestretch now.

I hope everybody is having a good week! I weighed in at 160.8 this morning. YAY, I'm moving in the right direction again! This is my new "lowest" weight, and I'm cautiously optimistic it will drop a little more by Friday. I don't think I'm going to make my 159.8 goal in time for my wedding on Saturday, but I'm still SO HAPPY to be only one pound away, instead of at my starting weight of 240! Not being a "fat" bride was a big motivator to get my journey started, and now, 3 days away? I'm not gonna be a fat bride! So, I'll take that as a success, despite the stubborn scale!

And apologies in advance if my next week's weigh-in goes up. I plan to thoroughly enjoy and indulge in all the food & drink (eat all the things!) on Saturday. :D
  • BMP9713
    Options
    Well I won't have a loss this week due to the fact that it's my T.O.M. I feel like death and all I want to do is sleep. Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    The good thing about TOM bloat is that the following week you may lose twice as much :-)
  • Mahi33
    Mahi33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Have a great wedding tomorrow Zanne, all the best :smile:
  • BMP9713
    Options
    I hope so lol
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    How was the wedding?

How is everyone's week so far? Usually I gain a little over the weekend and then it comes down during the week.. this weekend I weighed less on Saturday than on Friday so this may be my best weigh in yet!
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    Nice job gtdattitude! I also go up on weekend and back down during the week, but didn't have a loss over the weekend so not sure how the week is going to turn out yet. I was also wondering on the wedding. Has anyone heard from Zanne?