Specialty dating sites - football edition.

MissingMinnesota
MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
http://msn.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/the-dating-game-packers-fans-now-have-website-to-find-true-love-041614
The dating game: Packers fans now have website to find true love
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- It's a tale as old as time: Green Bay Packers fan goes on a date, finds their soul mate, only to discover that their perfect match is not a Packers fan (or worse yet, a Chicago Bears or Minnesota Vikings fan), immediately calls off the date, returns home still looking for Mr. or Mrs. Right.

That happens, right?

Well, if it does, it doesn't have to anymore. That's because there's now a dating site exclusively for Green Bay Packers fans. Wait, what? Believe it or not, it's true.

Officially launching in late March 2014, GreenBayPackersLovers.com currently has 190 female members and 174 male members.

"Packers Backers alike will enjoy the site," founder Kelly Davis said in a press release. "This is a state of the art dating website with the ability to participate in forums, real time full featured chat with members, send messages, receive messages, send winks, build a friends and hot people list, ban others from contacting you, see who has visited your profile, see who has winked at you, upload photos and decide whether they'll be private or public, and even a built in calendar to keep track of important dates and public events planned for the community."

And, just in case anyone visiting the dating site might also be looking for a link to an Amazon store filled with Packers memorabilia, good news: there is.

A search of the site also revealed several members from the Kingdom of Tonga, a series of islands in Polynesia with a total population of 103,000 people -- 10,000 of whom are currently affected by an outbreak of chikungunya (a mosquito-borne virus).

For those in Wisconsin, Tonga or anywhere in between, this dating site says that it's for anyone "looking for true love, a long term relationship, are marriage minded, just looking for fun or maybe even just looking for friendship."

Have at it, Cheeseheads -- er, Cheesehearts.

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Would you guys choose a dating site for fans of certain things? I actually wouldn't mind one for baseball fans or something like that where it shows a common interest but it is narrowing down the field too much?
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Would you guys choose a dating site for fans of certain things? I actually wouldn't mind one for baseball fans or something like that where it shows a common interest but it is narrowing down the field too much?

I think if you were on a site like 'meetup' for a group with similar interests then that is cool, but my fear of a dating site being this restricted is you are missing out on a lot of other potential suitors.

It's safe to say you will find someone who likes baseball not on these sites, or whatever... even if you support 2 different teams, there is nothing like fun rivalry.

I just think it's narrowing your matches in an already tough, sometimes stressful, numbers game.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Well... Seeing as how I'm just a casual fan... I wouldn't fit in with those websites.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Great idea! I know that when I see a guy on POF who supports my team, my interest is piqued! :bigsmile:

As for narrowing your options, you dont have to use it exclusively?