I'm new :)

VSGJill1481
VSGJill1481 Posts: 27 Member
Hi! I joined this site and fitbit because a friend recommended it. I had VSG and was nervous about joining a diet website because of the negativity associated with wls. I'm excited to find so many others here supporting each other. Since surgery I have lost 93 pounds. My long term goal is 250 pounds. Please feel free to add me as a friend. On the fitbit website my username is VSGJill1481 if you'd like to be friends there as well.

Replies

• Welcome, this is judgement free forum.
  • itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Welcome! I was super nervous too. I was sleeved 3/4/14. This forum is great
  • VSGJill1481
    Thank you both :)
  • JxAAA
    JxAAA Posts: 87 Member
    Welcome! Don't let the negativity and judgement bring you down. You did the right thing for yourself, WLS is NOT the easy way out.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    This is definitely a judgement free zone! I have almost the same amount of weight to lose as you do - you are doing awesome! My only suggestion is to keep away from the main message boards here on MFP - a lot of the people there are very judgmental and opinionated about WLS, not to mention uninformed. Stick with the groups and the people in them and you will definitely have the positivity you deserve!
  • VSGJill1481
    Thanks guys!!! I will definitely stay away from the main message boards. Thanks for the advice!