Am I eating enough calories?

Options
Is anyone familiar with the term "starvation mode?" I have found this to be an issue in so many people I meet, as well as myself. I have had to learn that food does not equal fat. Sometimes we think that "if I eat.. I'm going to get FAT!" But I have to remind myself everyday that, food = fuel, and clean food = clean energy. It's my choice of fuel that makes the difference.. It's a different thought process for sure!

Replies

• rafcaps
    rafcaps Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to eat every 2 to 3 hours. Helps your metabolism. Food isn't bad, it's just all about moderation. Your body needs fuel and that's what food is. It's not our enemy. :)
  • Divalys
    Divalys Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes but in my case, I'm in the process of losing weight, and reduce my calories' limit to 1100 help me to lose about 2 lbs in less than a months.
    And my second problem is that even if I allow my self to eat only clean food (as I do to breakfast : an apple, an orange and oatmeal) I'll just feel more hungry and will not be able to restrain myself. I just feel so disoppointed I can't do better. But that's the only way I can really lose weight..
  • emilou61
    emilou61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One thing I really stay on too of is making sure I put nutrition in my body within 20-30 minutes of waking up. Gets your metabolism up and running instead of heading into that starvation mode. Also like Rafael, I make sure to eat something every 2-3 hours.
  • emilou61
    emilou61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Divalys you should try to system I've used. It takes the guess work out, and is set up for maximized far loss.
  • jojovinnie
    Options
    When we are starving and not eating, we are in starvation mode. When we are hungry, there is only two things it can be, thirst or hunger. If we are hydrating and drinking enough water, and we are still hungry, then we need to eat. We must get back to listening to our bodies cues.... if we constantly ignore our bodies when it is telling us that it's hungry will never promote weight loss. At least, not healthy weight loss. Snack on raw veggies all day, it will keep the hunger away and help keep your body fueled.