Pregnancy Fitness Recommendations

Hi Ladies,
I'm 6 weeks pregnant and looking for recommendations on any web sites/ web videos, books, or dvd based workouts specifically for pregnant women. I would like something to help me strengthen my core and back for posture during pregnancy and easier delivery.

Replies

• saintpaulJess
    saintpaulJess Posts: 18 Member
    I really like the Jane Austin Pregnancy Yoga DVD for that type of workout. It really helps with hip and back discomfort toward the end of pregnancy, as well.
  • justinskitty
    justinskitty Posts: 47 Member
    I have been using Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis before pregnancy which I have loved for over 3 years. I got her Pregnancy dvd set and love it. I bought it from Amazon for around $20. There are 9 discs, one for each month. I'm at the 3rd month so far and love it just as much as the meta. It works your legs and arms mostly while bringing in some back strengthening moves. It's a mix of Pilates and yoga.
  • YouTube has 10 Minute Solutions Prenatal Pilates, it's actually five 10 minute videos that are all run together so you can do all 5 or pick and choose. I noticed soreness, the good kind in my core and my legs after I did it.
  • Jess_Forever_After
    Jess_Forever_After Posts: 53 Member
    Thanks Ladies!
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    I am not sure what your fitness level is but I used Joy Southworth's "Body by Trimester" DVDs throughout my pregnancy to stay fit. here is the link.
    http://www.amazon.com/Body-By-Trimester-Joy-Southworth/dp/B0079QDAFK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398029974&sr=8-1&keywords=body+by+trimester+dvd