Looking for some breastfeeding moms for some motivation

Options
Hi, my name is Beth. I am breastfeeding my 19week old and pumping while working full time. I am looking for some help/motivation from some other moms. I also have a 5 year old so finding the time balance to work out as well as making healthy choices that my family will eat are my main challenges! Please friend request me!

Replies

• ajzmann
    ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Beth. I am breastfeeding my 19week old and pumping while working full time. I am looking for some help/motivation from some other moms. I also have a 5 year old so finding the time balance to work out as well as making healthy choices that my family will eat are my main challenges! Please friend request me!

I just added you!

I'm a first-time mom of a 22 week girl. I work full-time (went back around 11 weeks) and am pumping three times per day. Trying to strike that magical balance between getting enough calories to make the milk and not pack on the pounds.

My real challenge has been getting back to my running routine. I am just SO tired all the time.
  • sarahelizaaaa
    sarahelizaaaa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just added you. My son is going to be 1 in 2 weeks and I'm still breastfeeding and pumping at work. I work full time, I went back to work after 12 wks.
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!!
  • Kristin41080
    Kristin41080 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am breastfeeding my 5 months old and I also have a 2 year old at home. I am new to MFP and have been feeling so overwhelmed with getting back to a healthy weight and a healthy life style. I already feel better just reading that I am not alone!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    I added you too, @kristin41080!

The support is CRITICAL.

I'm having a rough pump week, ladies. I used to feel like I produced PLENTY, and these past two weeks, it seems like I make just enough to get by. Stressful!
  • Kristin41080
    Options
    @ajzmann I have weeks where I seem to have more than my daughter needs and weeks where I just squeak by. My daycare provider says my daughter seems to accept whatever she is given and she is growing so I guess all is well. I feel like the pump doesn't give an accurate measure of what baby actually gets.
  • marisas1078
    marisas1078 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a 4.5 yr old and 9 wk old! Its so hard to find ME time but I am going to try!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    @ajzmann I have weeks where I seem to have more than my daughter needs and weeks where I just squeak by. My daycare provider says my daughter seems to accept whatever she is given and she is growing so I guess all is well. I feel like the pump doesn't give an accurate measure of what baby actually gets.

So true! I seem to be back on track (making enough plus a little extra), so I feel a little bit better about the situation.

But man, I've been super ravenous lately! It's tough to always make good decisions when you feel starving all the time.
  • Kristin41080
    Options
    I agree! It seems like I am hungry all the time! But obviously I am not burning as many calories as I think since my weight just stays the same!