Bridesmaid & Groomsmen gifts...

Options
I'd love to hear what people are getting their bridal party for gifts. I'm trying very hard not to do anything too cliche.

Replies

• Jelly_Roll_Patrol
    Jelly_Roll_Patrol Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am not quiet sure yet, I was thinking jewelry specific to their taste. For the men we were thinking personalized flasks and or pocket knives. A place that has a lot of really cool ideas is ETSY.com you can find great ideas, affordable prices, and great quality plus a bonus you would be able to support small business owners.
  • ElvisBaby88
    ElvisBaby88 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am soooo lost and need help with this!? I have 2 bridesmaids (sisters) who are under 21 and 3 bridesmaids over 21. For the 3 older ladies I have purchased a monogrammed wine stopper and a fun monogrammed cheese board! I was planning on getting them a bottle of their fav wine as well. So for my sisters I was thinking a monogrammed starbucks-y tumbler with a gift card to starbucks obviously instead of a bottle of wine. But then I am kind of stuck!? Thoughts?!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have 7 bridesmaids (my fiance has wayyyy too many friends). However, this has been one of my favorite parts of wedding planning!

I got a robe from 2 of my bridesmaids at my bridal shower to get ready in. I swore at the very beginning I was NOT going to buy my bridesmaids robes or anything cheesy. But, I didn't want to feel left out being the only one in a robe-- so I bought them each a robe. It's a plain waffle robe that they can use again. I asked 4 of them what they thought and they were excited because they never want to spend the money on a robe, but really want a lightweight one for summer time. I have also been slowly buying meaningful gifts for each of them as I go. Everyone is getting something different. I'm thinking of it as a birthday or christmas kind of thing, which makes it wayyyyy easier.
    For example, my sister is a french teacher, so I bought her a necklace (she does NOT have to wear it at the wedding, I don't care) that says " I love you more than yesterday but less than tomorrow" and it's written in french. I'll probably also get them all their preferred alcoholic beverage bottle.

Don't stress about it. just have fun.

my fiance has no idea what he's going to do for groomsmen but told me I am doing too much work and he's just getting the same thing for everyone.
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    For the bridesmaids/mother/grandmothers, I want to get a plain wood keepsake box, not to large, maybe 5x5x3 (LxWxH) or something in that range. Then get a wood burning tool (they are only about $10 on Amazon), get used to using it, then burn their name in the top of it and maybe a special message on the bottom if I'm feeling particularly daring. Then I'm going to stain and gloss it and fill it with things they love; for example a bottle of good nail polish in their favorite color, chocolate, lip balm, a gift card, etc.

I think if you add some sort of "homemade" touch to it, it feels wonderfully personal and it's something they can hold on to forever. The reason I picked a keepsake box is that you can always use it, where some of the suggested bridesmaids gifts seem really silly to me, but I'm not a girly girl by any margin. And if you aren't that crafty, there are still little things you can do to give it a homemade feel.

We have no idea what to do for the groomsmen yet, lol. Everything is based around alcohol or hunting, which none of the groomsmen care for.

Hope that helps!!

Amanda

63677861.png
  • blushingbride2bee
    blushingbride2bee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in Ireland so I am going to get my bridesmaids a Lucky Clover from Swarovski Crystal. It is just a small keepsake but it will forever remind them of the time we shared. I will probably put it into a small box with a mini bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur. ;)
    http://www.swarovski.com/Web_US/en/1054588/product/Lucky_Clover.html
  • jraejess
    jraejess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My idea is probably a bit different. My husband is very into superheros so for part of their gifts we got them a shirt and matching cuff links. They will wear the shirts under their tuxes and for pictures, pull their shirts apart kind of like superman. We also go them small bottles of alcohol and some bottle openers shaped like hand cuffs.

For the bridesmaids, I got them a survival kit. Has everything they will need for the big day, jewelry, their skirts, StarBucks gift card, water bottles with our initials on them, personalized bag, and some other misc things. I have a very DIY wedding so I have gotten all of this for fairly cheap. I have been using the website Orientaltrading.com! Great site!
  • wendydogood
    wendydogood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For the groomsmen, we ordered each of them a Freaker (freakerusa.com) with their particular interests and personalities in mind. We plan on putting the Freakers on each of their favorite bottles of alcohol. And we'll probably attach a moderately priced cigar to the neck of the bottle.

For my bridesmaids, I'm giving them matching floral cotton bathrobes with their monograms which will also make pretty getting ready photos. I've also bought a white floral robe for myself. I'm also considering purchasing their wedding jewelry if I can find something I like at the right price.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    We went boring. The groomsmen all smoke so we got the engraved zippo lighters. And it looks like it will still be cold next weekend so the women are getting pashminas to prevent frostbite.