You might be vegan if...

Options

Replies

• unisheep
    unisheep Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There are so many cool replies here, I wish we had the Facebook "like" button :-)

Mooncow/Unisheep
    http://weightlossveganstyle.blogspot.it/
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    There are so many cool replies here, I wish we had the Facebook "like" button :-)

Mooncow/Unisheep
    http://weightlossveganstyle.blogspot.it/

Yeah, I always finding myself going to up vote a post, only to remember that I can't.
  • VeganMotoGirl
    VeganMotoGirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You know your vegan if you are starting to think Boca Burgers really do taste like meat!
  • Lynx0526
    Lynx0526 Posts: 3
    Options
    ... you've had to send meals back at restaurants a number of times because the "no cheese" request was ignored.

...furthermore, anytime you have a social event at a big chain restaurant you spend at least 20 minutes obsessively lurking their online menus

...you have come to dread work functions with provided meals
  • Lard_Vader
    Lard_Vader Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ...you've become a expert on banana lifespan and development.
  • PeaceLoveTrees
    PeaceLoveTrees Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    refusing to travel over an hour away from home without packing vegan snacks, fresh fruit, and fake meat because WHO KNOWS what lies beyond my realm of living near a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's!!!!!!!!!!

^ just did this traveling to Kansas over the weekend. ice packs, cooler bag and all. LOL
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    the price for a container of Nutritional Yeast no longer seems "a little pricey" and is now "a great value and an essential!"
  • jeremymetcalf10
    Options
    You envision swastikas instead of golden arches when you drive by McDonlad's.

"Salad without chicken? Nein, Nein, Nein!"
  • Krista6558
    Options
    You're really excited when you see " certified vegan" on food packages.

Oh my goodness, so exciting !!!
  • Krista6558
    Options

when you do ^ and find something "accidentally vegan" and cheer! (and then post about it on Facebook for your vegan friends!)

When you cry reading this because you have mo vegan friends.

I'll be your vegan friend!!! :D
  • PurpleZeal
    PurpleZeal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You go to a church or community potluck and the only thing you can eat, is what you brought.

You get super excited because you found hummus on a restaurant menu.
  • janellevaught
    janellevaught Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    you put vegenaise on everything

....And when you eat vegenaise with a spoon (just because you are craving it). I know it's weird, but sometimes I don't have something to put it on, but I still want some.
  • janellevaught
    Options
    You go to a church or community potluck and the only thing you can eat, is what you brought.

You get super excited because you found hummus on a restaurant menu.

If there is a church, community, or family potluck I either eat before (so I can be good with the few options that may be available) or just make sure to take something I know that I can eat.
  • janellevaught
    Options
    You have memorized a small speech to explain to people where you get your protein.

Vegans hear that question so often you pretty much have to do this :tongue:
  • dgkt
    dgkt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You tense up involunteraly when someone "outs" you
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    You tense up involunteraly when someone "outs" you
    I am constantly reminding my kids, "Please don't talk to anyone about my eating habits..."
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You can't understand why no one else thinks all your friends' Instagram photos of bloody meat on grills are disgusting and inappropriate to post on a public forum.

Blech.
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You know it's not even worth going to places (events, dinners etc) without either eating first or bringing your own little bag of food s.. Otherwise you'll starve because even the salad has egg in it.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You know your vegan if you are starting to think Boca Burgers really do taste like meat!

you think tofu pups are a bit too much like hot dogs.....
  • Arachnapheria
    Arachnapheria Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ...you have a folder in your email account for confirmation emails from companies you've contacted to make sure a product is sfv

... you know that sfv stands for safe for vegans without having to google it