Welcome!!

Options
Hello Curvies!
So excited to start this...
Let's start with something simple/not so simple: What is your goal and what keeps you motivated? Maybe this group can help with that!

Replies

• rebeccarose00
    Options
    My goal is definitely to get healthier. Loosing another 10 or so pounds would be great, but I am more focused on health in general. I am motivated by success (setbacks really hurt my motivation) and the fact that my gym time is my "me" time. I read (trashy romance novels) while exercising. Short term, I work out so I can eat those calories, too. Longterm, I work out and eat healthy because I want to be around for my kids for a long time.
  • ivyeverafter
    ivyeverafter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, I agree with the working out so you can eat those calories later! Same here!
  • MegJenk16
    MegJenk16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Here's what I just posted on CG Fitness Group -
    Current stats: 32 yrs old, 5'11", 211 lb, size 16/18. Goals: 1. Lose 50 lbs and/or fit into size 8/10, 2. Finish a 10k without walking, 3. Be able to keep up with my now 1 yo daughter and not be too uncomfortable/self conscious to run around like a kid again!
  • abryantfitness
    abryantfitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! My name is Amanda. I've lost 30 pounds so far- it has taken me two years to lose that amount, has been much more difficult since I started working from home and also had my daughter. I'd like to lose 10-15 more pounds. I also recently became turbo kick certified, so I am working up the courage to start contacting gyms and teach. Yikes! Thanks for the invite!
  • katy253
    katy253 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Katy. I'm 40 years young. Looking to lose minimum of 35 lbs. I seem to be starting over a lot. I'll do great for a while and lose 10 lbs, have a slip up and get off track. Once again, here I am, starting over! Hoping for more endurance this time! Accountability! Thank you for starting this group!
  • angerawrrr
    angerawrrr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm finally serious and more understanding of why I haven't been able to lose much weight in the past, no matter what I did. I have PCOS and a decent resistance to insulin, so my body stores sugars in fat cells instead of disposing of them. Yay! haha, I'm tired of having this awkward fat pouch in my abdomen and my thighs, so I'm eating cleaner, cooking more (which I already love to do) and starting Bikram yoga again. Bikram was one of the few things that has helped, it got me to start sweating out all the **** that's decided to store itself in my body. I'm hoping that it'll help me lose weight, I'm 5'10" and almost 300, although you wouldn't know it if you looked at me. I just pack it on unintentionally. I need to get this weight off so that I don't end up in more pain. I have a sprained hip, bad shoulders and ankles from years of basketball, track and field and other sports.

here's to a new start as I begin my 28th year! xo
  • hisakoyo
    hisakoyo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    almost 34, mother of 2.5yo twin girls - more worried about overall health than weight even though my BMI (which is 32) classifies me as obese - I'm 5'3" and 181 lbs as of today. A few months ago I was at my highest at 195. EEEEEK ... Metformin has helped me lose 14 lbs (without dieting or exercise) but I KNOW if I just tried a little harder I could lose the weight. I don't want to have depend on medication if I don't have to - I'm not diabetic or prediabetic, I have PCOS --- i'm just an admitted lazy *kitten* but that does not excuse me for not taking care of myself. I get motivated and then I just quit stuff...i'm horrible like that. Hoping y'all can keep me motivated ;-) --- OOOOH BTW, I'm June Bug on FB group ;-)
  • imafrog98
    imafrog98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    angerawrrr - have you tried Metformin for the insulin resistence? I did that when I was first trying to get pregnant years ago b/c it's linked IR is linked to infertility and it made me lose weight, just like hisakoyo mentioned in her post.

Just wondered. Good luck!!
  • erinm411
    erinm411 Posts: 3
    Options
    My goal is to get healthier, get stronger and lose some LBS. I am under 5 feet tall and nearly a size 16, ultimately I'd like to see a single digit jeans size. I'd also love some sick guns!! Long-term, I want to be healthy...there is a lot of diabetes and cancer in my family, and I know that dropping weight and being more active will help me be able to dodge those bullets a bit better.
    I am motivated by results and compliments :happy: Oh, and a healthy dose of guilt never hurts.
  • imafrog98
    Options
    Hey ya'll!!! My name is Tiffany and I'm from NW Ohio. Mom of 2 (6 & 8), married and I boss truck drivers around for a living.

I've always been "bigger" but I this fall/winter something clicked in my wee little brain that I didn't have to be big AND slow/weak/lazy. SO...I quit smoking in January and so far have lost 11 lbs on my 40 lb goal. I Zumba once a week at least and do circuit training at my house a couple of other days a week. I have noticed that I've lost more inches than pounds which is not the most motivating thing, but my clothes fit better and the hubs noticed (grrrr baby) so those are things that keep me going.

Starting weight - 189
    Goal weight - 150
    current weight - 178
    height - 5' 3"
    starting size - 16
    current size - 14 (still wearing the 16's but they are so comfy now/bordering big)
    shape - apple

Goals
    Down to 170 by Memorial day - big camping weekend and I would love a 19 lb drop the first time I'm out in my bathing suit
    Down to 160 by July 31st - that weekend is our annual girls weekend at our camper, again...want to rock another 10 lb loss with my girls drinkin by the pool
    Down to 150 by Oct 31 - both kids bdays are in November plus its the start of the "holiday" season and everyone take soooo many pictures oh.my.gah.

So that's me! i'll change my profile pic so you don't think i'm a minion.
    down to
  • imafrog98
    Options
    Way to go Amanda!! You look great!
  • angerawrrr
    angerawrrr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have, I'm on 1000mg a day, it helps a lot, but not enough to get me down to a more manageable weight. The night sweats, metal mouth and irritable tummy are the worst.
  • abbothwell1
    abbothwell1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey lovely ladies! I am always working to get stronger. I'm more concerned about my stats in weightlifting than I am with my body size, though if we're being honest I'd like to lose 5-10lbs. So since my lifts are what keep me motivated, I'll post those here too!

Current one rep maxes are:
    Squat- 200lbs
    Deadlift- 225lbs
    Bench- 90lbs

When I started powerlifting last year, I also did a weight cut. I got down to 125lbs, which on my 5'6" frame made me feel pretty confident. However, getting to that level and maintaining it wouldn't be healthy in the long run, so I started what is called a reverse diet and have been gradually gaining weight since then while consistently lifting. I'm now around 145lbs. While I'm still considered healthy, it's hard to go from being in the best shape of your life to gaining 20lbs, even if there is muscle gain to factor in. No matter what size a woman is, the body image struggle is real! And it's tough. And as much as I'd like to ignore that scale it's not easy! I haven't felt great for the past few months, so ideally I would linger somewhere between 135-140lbs. You girls have been some of the best support in what matters most, loving ourselves AS WE ARE. Now. Not 10lbs less from now.
  • florachyld
    florachyld Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Krishna- from TX, married mom of 4 and working full time. I've been doing MFP for almost a year now. I had WLS (gastic sleeve) at the end of May last year and this was recommended by my doctor to help me keep track of my eating- or not eating, as the case may be! I have lost 100 pounds, and now am down to the last 40 before I reach my goal weight-whoop whoop! I am to the point where I need to really start exercising- thinking about trying a C25K to get me moving....
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm Michelle, I'm 33, and I am now at 181lbs. I started this journey to healthy a little over a year ago at 215. I don't even think that was my highest, just what I weighed when I decided I'd had enough. I'm 5'2, and the majority of my weight resides in my *kitten* and thighs, ugh.

I'm nearly half-way to my weight loss goal...I'm heading for 140. Dunno if I'll stop there, all according to how I look and feel. I've recently begun walking (a lot) for the majority of my exercise. The one thing I love and it gets me out of the house. Now I need to add strength training with it.

On top of all that, I'm also doing low-carb/keto. I have some sort of gluten sensitivity (no allergy) and I don't usually crave sweets (unless it's TOM). Figured, why not?

So, long story short, I need to lose about 40lbs. And I want to start and complete C25K. And eventually run a 5K. Soon as I learn HOW to run, of course.
  • Selina1996
    Selina1996 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!
    I'm 35, from Texas and have lost 6lbs since January. I'm very disappointed. But whatevs. I have no one to blame buy myself. My doctor wanted to start me on medications for cholesterol. I refuse! I need to watch what I eat. I need to control my portions. I need to exercise and burn off what I'm consuming. I know all of this, I'm just bad at executing this.
    I need a "bug" in my ear telling me to back away from the sodas and the late night snacking. Ideally I would love to reach 150LBS. I know I can do this. Hopefully we can help eachother in reaching all our goals.