8 weeks out! Neet help with Protein Shakes!

Options
Tamipopek
Tamipopek Posts: 9 Member
Hello All!
I am so glad that I found this group! I am 8 weeks out and doing fairly well, I still have a few little issues hear and there. One problem I am having is finding a protein shake that I can get down every day. I find that so many of them cause nausea, does this last awhile?

Replies

• christinammcginnis
    Options
    Isopure Dutch Chocolate - has 50 grams of protein and I can stomach it and not much else. :smile:
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Premier protein shakes,160 cals, 30 G protein and a thin consistency that does not nauseate me. Very low sugar, 1 g I think. Make sure your shake does not have more than 6 g of sugar or you will probably get nausea. I bought a meal replacement shake instead of a protein shake once and I was very ill from the sugar. Honestly, I will still get occasional nausea, but for me it is usually going too long without food/water or eating too fast.
  • teachren
    teachren Posts: 78
    Options
    I swear by Syntrax Nectar. Vanilla Bean Torte is my favourite mixed with ice and unsweetened vanilla almond milk but I like Roadside Lemonade as welll.

If you don't want to have sweetners you should try About Time brand of protein powders. They are sweetened with all natural Stevia. They don't taste as great as Syntrax but I like to use them too to keep my sweetners in check.

In Canada, you'll have to order them online as I haven't found them at any health stores. In the US I imagine they are more readily available.

I also drink Premier Chocolate from Costco when I need something quick and easy. I don't mind it as long as it is REALLY cold. Pour it over ice and let it sit a bit and then I like it even better.

Good luck finding one you like.
  • jogawa15
    jogawa15 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I also use the nectar brand Vanilla is my favorite as it is easy to change the flavor. For a long time I only drank it with water but now use almond milk good luck!
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    try cutting it in half with 1% milk. that is what I had to do.
  • JxAAA
    JxAAA Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Syntrax nectar chocolate truffle is my favorite. Tastes just like chocolate milk. Each scoop is 23g of protein then add the milk protein it's 30g a cup.
  • gloriabermudez
    Options
    I also use Nectar chocolate truffle I am 8 weeks out too and was getting tired of drinking it with milk only, now I use a cup of fat free milk, a cup of hot coffee and the protein it gives a different not so sweet flavor and I also put some powder cinnamon on top to help my metabolism. I have it every morning is like having my coffee.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I love the Six Star Elite Series Whey Protein Powder in Decadent Chocolate. For shakes I use 8 ounces milk, and to make ice-cream type of consistency use 4-5 ounces of skim milk. I also take Dannon 2x Greek Protein vanilla yogurt or Yoplait Lite 2x protein and 1/2 cup frozen fruit and blend into a smoothie and freeze. Add a little juice/water to help it blend better. I also freeze or semi-freeze my individual yogurt products. If any of these get to frozen, pop them into the microwave for a few second until desired consistency. All of this I can get a my grocery store (Meijer).

Today my Unjury Protein Shake Powder arrived and I'm going to try it later. A lot of individuals have told me they love the taste. I'll see how I like it in a little while. Check out the Unjury.com website to see a list of their products and actual label of ingredients of each.

I hope your nausea goes away soon. Knock on wood, thus far I've only had one episode and that's because I ate something I shouldn't have too fast.

Karen
  • VSGJill1481
    VSGJill1481 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar is my favorite. I love the caribbean cooler, strawberry kiwi, and grape. I don't drink milk and these mix well with water.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I bought some of the Syntrax Nectar but my tastes changed and now I am not liking it so much :grumble: I did try a different brand recently called Cellucor, and I love it. I got the Cinnamon Swirl and Peanut Butter Marshmallow. I mix them with almond milk, and it tastes sooo good!