Running technical shirts?

Options
Okay, I'm usually really good at the interwebs. But I can't seem to find what I want here. I really really want a geeky technical shirt for races. Like this wonderful "Companion Training Program" shirt that was handmade: http://iliketodocraftythings.blogspot.com/2013/05/friday-musings-35-nike-womens-half-recap.html

Anyone have any ideas? I'm fine wearing my boring stuff, but, y'know, sometimes you just need that extra oomph. Also, I want to reward myself when I finally beat my PR, and it's a good way to motivate myself to run faster.

Replies

• Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    http://www.activateapparel.com/

These guys have some really fun gym shirts, and quite a few cater to the geeky side. They have a similar Doctor Who shirt to the one you posted that can be customized by colour/style:

2408atg-w484h484z1-31900-run-like-the-doctor-just-told-you-to.jpg
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I saw that, it was very cute, I'm just not yet into showing off my arms that much, and I really need something wicking. I was really enjoying looking at their shirts, though.
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options
    BTW: I LOVE your progress bar. :)
  • Mustgetbuff
    Options
    BTW: I LOVE your progress bar. :)

Haha thanks!

You can add sleeves on to their shirts, but unfortunately they are just plain jane cotton. Maybe just buy a wicking shirt that you like and take it into a customization shop, such as bang-on.com.
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just went and bought 3 shirts from that activateapparel.com....oops, lol. I need some new work out shirts and Dr Who and Sailor Moon get me EVERY TIME.
  • Mustgetbuff
    Options
    I just went and bought 3 shirts from that activateapparel.com....oops, lol. I need some new work out shirts and Dr Who and Sailor Moon get me EVERY TIME.

I have about six of them on my Pinterest board and I keep haggling with my husband as to how many I can buy. So far I haven't worked him past 1...
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options
    :) Oh the "discussions" we have about the running stuff i buy... Just set up a new budget for those things...
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    omg I went to that site and my coworkers must think I'm crazy(ier). I giggled for probably a straight 10 minutes before having to actually force myself to get off the site and back to work
  • Grendel07
    Grendel07 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Is the Sailor Moon shirts for gym apparel? *crosses fingers*

and i want that Doctor Who shirt!!!! I would rock that thing at the gym with no problem! hahh
  • DemetraDawn
    DemetraDawn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is not a super current topic, but my sisters and I made our own shirts on cafepress I think. I dunno what type of shirts they have, but the pic in my ticker is a pic of our shirts (Mortal Kombat themed...they say "Mortal Kombat Athletic Dept Est 1992" plus the characters we chose. We wore them with colored arm warmers and a half-face mask since we were running in the midwest in November, and they were very cool).
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options
    This is not a super current topic, but my sisters and I made our own shirts on cafepress I think. I dunno what type of shirts they have, but the pic in my ticker is a pic of our shirts (Mortal Kombat themed...they say "Mortal Kombat Athletic Dept Est 1992" plus the characters we chose. We wore them with colored arm warmers and a half-face mask since we were running in the midwest in November, and they were very cool).

That is awesome!